This post first appeared on Real Housemoms where I am a contributor.
Warm Jalapeno Crab Dip Recipe is a crave-able bite of cheesy, briny deliciousness that’ll disappear right before your eyes!
I have a major crush on all ooey, gooey cheesy dips. I mean really, who can resist drippy cheese dotted with an endless possibility of mix-ins?! It is serisouly heaven in a bowl. While my first cheesy dip love will always be beer cheese dip, today we’re taking that love to another level with this Warm Jalapeño Crab Dip Recipe. Spicy jalapeños pair beautifully with briny crab meat for a dip you can’t resist!
LOVE THIS RECIPE? PIN IT FOR LATER!
Follow Bread Booze Bacon on Pinterest
This dip has become one of my go-to cheese dips! I can mix up the ingredients to get things ready ahead of time, and then transfer it to the baking pan when I’m ready. It’s perfect for parties and OMG so freaking good! For anyone freaking about cheese and seafood together, come over to the dark side. It’s delicious! I promise. Please tell me you’ve had shrimp alfredo before. Same idea…no pasta.
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 onion, peeled and diced
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups jack cheese, divided
- 8 ounces crab meat
- 2 jalapeños, seeded and finely diced
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Melt the butter in the skillet and then add the onions. Stir to coat the onions in butter. Cook stirring often until the onions are soft and begin to brown about 10 minutes. Remove the skillet from heat.
- To a mixing bowl add the cream cheese, 1 cup of jack cheese, jalapeños, crab meat, and onions. Use a fork to mix everything together until evenly combined.
- Transfer the mixture to a 9-inch by 9-inch baking dish. Spread the dip into an even layer, and then sprinkle the remaining 1 cup of jack cheese over the top of the dip.
- Bake for 30 minutes until the dip is bubbling around the edges. *If you want a golden hue to your cheese, turn your oven to broil on high and cook for 2-3 minutes or until your desired doneness is reached.
- Carefully remove the dip from the oven. Serve warm with crackers or chips.