Elvis had it so so right! These Elvis Bacon Bites are crispy, peanut buttery mouthfuls of fried food happiness! They are great to serve to friends!
What’s better in the world than a fried bite of something delicious? That fried bite wrapped in bacon!! I saw these peanut butter and jelly balls on Unique Eats, gosh, about a year ago. I wanted them. They sounded awesome. PB+J wrapped in bacon and fried. Sign up me! Then the day came. PB+J still sounded good, but I didn’t want to just copy someone else, and the wheels started turning.
LOVE THIS RECIPE? PIN IT FOR LATER!
Follow Bread Booze Bacon on Pinterest
We bought some bananas at the store the other day, and the decision was made. Forget PB+J. I’m filling these crispy bites of bacon with an Elvis sandwich! Peanut butter, banana, and bacon were made to have the best threesome ever! If you’re a glutton for going there like me, drizzle these bad boys in honey or dip ’em as you eat. Just get on this one now! You can thank me later.
If you’re an awesome bacon lover too, be sure to head over to our Bacon Month giveaway HERE for your chance to win our Bacon Month prize pack. And if one yummy bacon recipe wasn’t enough, you’re in luck! We’ll be sharing bacon recipes every Tuesday and Saturday in August to make you drool and show you that bacon really does make everything better. You can see the recipes being shared today below.
- Elvis Bacon Bites
- Maple Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies
- BLT Deviled Eggs
- Bourbon Bacon Bread Pudding Muffins with Spiced Bourbon Syrup
- Perfect Oven Cooked Bacon
- Maple Bacon Waffles
- 6 slices white bread
- 6 tablespoons peanut butter, creamy or chunky
- 1 banana, peeled and cut into 12 slices
- 12 slices bacon, cut in half
- Oil, for frying
- Honey, optional
- 12 toothpicks
- Heat oil in a heavy saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the crust off the bread slices. Spread 1 tablespoon peanut butter on one side of each of the 6 slices of bread.
- Place 4 banana slices on each piece of bread. We'll be cutting each sandwich into quarters, so space the bananas accordingly. Place a second piece of bread,peanut butter side down, on top of the banana slices. Press gently to smush everything together. Cut the sandwich into 4 squares. Repeat with remaining bread and bananas.
- Take one sandwich square, and wrap with a half slice of bacon. Place one end of the bacon on top of the sandwich and wrap it around, in one direction. Take another half slice of bacon, place the end on top, and wrap it around the sandwich in the opposite direction of the first bacon slice. Secure the second bacon slice end with a toothpick. Set aside and repeat with remaining sandwich squares.
- Fry 3 to 4 bacon bites in the hot oil at a time for 1 to 2 mins, or until bacon is browned and crispy. Remove bacon bites to a paper towel lined plate to drain. Repeat with remaining bacon bites, working in batches.
- If you'd like, drizzle the bacon bites with honey before serving or dip them in honey as you eat. Serve warm.