These Chocolate Peppermint Crunch Cookies are rich, chocolate cookies bursting with crunchy peppermint flavor. Perfect for a Christmas cookie exchange!
There’s something winter air that calls for peppermint. Maybe it’s the cooling, refreshing flavor against all the decadent holiday recipes, or maybe it’s the red and green colors mint candies come in. Either way, peppermint is one of my favorite seasonal flavors. It’s even better with chocolate! This recipe is an ode to everything I love about fun holiday cookies.
LOVE THIS RECIPE? PIN IT FOR LATER!
Follow Bread Booze Bacon on Pinterest
Hey Bread Booze Bacon readers, I’m Emily from It Bakes Me Happy and I am super excited to be here sharing one of my favorite holiday cookie recipes! If you’ve been following Julie for a while then you might remember me from her other site White Lights on Wednesday, where I used to be a regular contributor. But enough about me, lets get on to the cookies.
For me when it comes to cookies it’s all about the chocolate! Whether they are chocolate cookies (my favorite) or loaded with chocolate chips, I just can’t resist a soft chewy chocolate cookie. These Chocolate Peppermint Crunch Cookies are the perfect cookie for a chocolate mint lover and a great addition to your holiday baking list. Share these with your family and friends this Christmas and you’ll be sure to make the “Nice List!” Enjoy and happy baking!
- Christmas Pinwheel Cookies
- 5-Ingredient Vanilla Almond Snowball Cookies
- Chocolate Peppermint Crunch Cookies
- Christmas Crinkle Cool Whip Cookies
- Ugly Christmas Sweater Sugar Cookies
- Hazelnut Nutella Linzer Cookies
- Apple Cider Cookies
- Chocolate Andes Mint Cookies
- Dark Chocolate & Hazelnut Cookies
- Mexican Hot Chocolate Shortbread
- Loaded Cookie Butter Snickerdoodles
- Chocolate Oatmeal Cranberry Cookies
Looking for even more Christmas cookie ideas?
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Andes Peppermint Crunch baking chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. In the bowl of your stand mixer (or a large mixing bowl with an electric hand mixer) cream together the butter and sugars.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, and mix well. Next add the peppermint extract. Mix to combine.
- In a medium mixing bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix until combined. Then, stir in the baking chips by hand.
- Using a small cookie scoop (1 1/2 tablespoons) to portion the dough into rounds. Place 2-inches apart on the baking sheets.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool for 3 minutes on the pans. Serve warm or transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an air tight container for up to 3 days.