Dark Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies are a family favorite that’s easy to make and disappear as soon as they come out of the oven!
Get ready to eat the best chocolate chip cookie with nuts you’ve ever had! These Dark Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies are great with a glass of milk or all on their own. I’m a chocolate chip cookie fiend and while in my heart the original will always be the best, these cookies have quickly risen to the top of my favorite desserts list and with good reason. The rich dark chocolate paired with the caramelized vanilla and brown sugar flavors in the cookie is fantastic all on its own, but add in hazelnuts and I’m a happy happy girl!
LOVE THIS RECIPE? PIN IT FOR LATER!
Follow Bread Booze Bacon on Pinterest
Howdy, everyone! My name’s Kate and I am a professional photographer and author of a lifestyle legacy blog named Songs Kate Sang. I have five children with a seventeen year age span. Changing diapers and thinking about college scholarships happen at the same time in her home. Encouraging moms in every day is something I am absolutely passionate about. I’ve known Julie for a few years, I even took her wedding pictures, and I’m excited to be sharing one of my most beloved cookies with you all today!
Dreamy fall nights and lingering after dinner are two of my favorite things. After a long day, I love slowing down and having dinner outside on the patio. The weather in Arizona is perfect for this right now. Making a batch of cookies that the kids will love helps keep us out there just a bit longer. That’s when the details of their day come spilling out. I hold my breath watching them make each other laugh and listening to them giggle. They look at each other with admiration and love, just for a few minutes. I breathe in the night air and make a memory out of the moment.
These cookies are so easy to make. I like to think of them as a grown-up chocolate chip cookie, but anyone that’s a fan of dark chocolate and hazelnut will love this cookie! The kids love when I try a new cookie recipe. They are usually my best critics and keep me on my toes about making things that are tasty. These Dark Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies were a big hit at my house and I’ve been asked no less than 5 times when I’m making them again. I recommend baking a double batch to satisfy everyone’s cookie cravings!
If you’re looking for more family favorite recipes, try my Dark Chocolate Chip and Butterscotch Cookies, Strawberry and Vanilla Overnight Cereal, and Molten Chocolate Cake. I can’t begin to count how many times my kids have requested these recipes.
- Christmas Pinwheel Cookies
- 5-Ingredient Vanilla Almond Snowball Cookies
- Chocolate Peppermint Crunch Cookies
- Christmas Crinkle Cool Whip Cookies
- Ugly Christmas Sweater Sugar Cookies
- Hazelnut Nutella Linzer Cookies
- Apple Cider Cookies
- Chocolate Andes Mint Cookies
- Dark Chocolate & Hazelnut Cookies
- Mexican Hot Chocolate Shortbread
- Loaded Cookie Butter Snickerdoodles
- Chocolate Oatmeal Cranberry Cookies
Dark Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the butter and sugars until fluffy, about 1 minute. Add vanilla and one egg, mix until combined. Add the second egg and mix until combined. Scrape the sides of the bowl as needed.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the flour, salt, and baking soda. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Use a wooden spoon to stir in the dark chocolate chips and hazelnuts by hand. Use a small cookie scoop (or 1 tablespoon measuring spoon) to portion the dough onto your prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until the cookies are set and the bottom edges are golden brown. Carefully remove from the oven. Allow to cool on the pan for 2 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.