Start your morning off right with yummy Banana Bread Muffins! This easy breakfast recipe is great for busy mornings or weekend brunch!
Breakfast is one of my favorite meals. I may not make time for more than a bowl of cereal some days, but give me a plate of bacon, eggs, and really good toast and I’m a happy girl. But it’s not just about the breakfast basics. Some days I want something a little sweet like homemade pancakes or these Banana Bread Muffins. This recipe is a breeze to make and a great way to use up extra bananas when your youngest begs for them at the store and then eats like two!
LOVE THIS RECIPE? PIN IT FOR LATER!
Follow Bread Booze Bacon on Pinterest
Mike has this thing with banana bread. Every time I make a loaf he basically claims the whole thing. That was until the kids came along. Now our youngest forces him to share and I love it. Since little man has a thing for muffins I figured why not put them together? Now banana bread muffins are the house favorite. When they’re this easy to whip up, I don’t mind making them regularly.
How to Make Banana Bread Muffins
- Preheat oven to 350 and prep muffin tin with cupcake liners or non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, mix together dry ingredients.
- In another medium bowl, mash together bananas and vanilla.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together butter and sugar. Add eggs and mix. Add bananas and mix again.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix together.
- Portion batter into muffin tin cups filling 2/3 of the way. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool 5 mins in pan before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
Print out this banana bread muffin recipe and tuck it in your recipe notebook. You will not be sorry!
If you want to gussy things up a bit you can add in some walnuts for banana nut bread muffins or chocolate chips (I like dark chocolate!) for chocolate chip banana bread muffins. Then watch these bad boys fly off the plate!
Hungry for More?
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners or coat with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, use a fork to mash bananas. Add vanilla and mash to combine.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together brown sugar and butter until smooth. Add eggs, and mix to combine.
- Add in bananas and mix until just combined. Add dry ingredients and mix to combine.
- Fill each muffin tin cup 2/3 full with batter. Place in oven and turn heat down to 350 degrees F. Bake for 17-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven. Let rest in pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature. We like ours with a little butter.