I tried for years to find the perfect banana bread recipe and finally did! This Easy Banana Bread Recipe is our favorite snack anytime of day!
LOVE THIS RECIPE? PIN IT FOR LATER!
Follow Bread Booze Bacon on Pinterest
My husband Mike loves banana bread. As in the moment he thinks the bananas are getting a little too ripe on the counter, he’s asking how long until I’m making bread with them. Thank goodness our youngest has a habit of wanting bananas from the store and not usually getting to the last 2 or 3. It keeps banana bread in our house almost all the time, and gives everyone a delicious snack!
I’m not a nuts in my banana bread girl, and thankful Mike’s not into that either. I’m also kind of picky in that I don’t like those big ass chunks of banana were the bread didn’t really cook right and they float to the top and things get all weird. That was my banana bread for years, until this recipe came along. This bread is full of delicious banana flavor without any weird clumps, AND it bakes up beautifully every time. If you like nuts in your banana bread, chuck ’em in. It’ll be just fine. But of us, a warm slice (sans nuts) slathered in butter will do just fine!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2-3 very ripe bananas, peeled and well mashed with a fork
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the butter and sugars until fluffy, about 1 minute. Add the eggs, milk, and vanilla. Mix until smooth, scraping the side of the bowl as needed.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture in two additions, mixing until just combined after each addition.
- Add in the bananas and mix until combined.
- Pour the batter into your prepared loaf pan. Use a spatula to spread to the into an even layer.
- Bake for 1 hour to 1 hour 15 mins, or until a tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean. (I start checking my bread at the 1 hour mark, every 5 minutes.)
- Remove from the oven and let cool until cool enough to handle.
- Serve warm or room temperature. We like our bread plain or slathered in butter.