This rich & creamy Alfredo Sauce is the stuff dreams are made of! You can place it on everything from pasta and pizza to crostini and even casseroles!
I’ve been a Fettuccine Alfredo junkie as long as I can remember. Long noodles tossed in the most decedent sauce that I was sure came from heaven. Maybe this is where my love affair with carbs started. What’s not to love about this sauce? Butter, lots of cream, garlic, a ridiculous amount of Parmesan cheese. It’s ecstasy! And yesterday, for the first time ever…I made my own Alfredo sauce.
LOVE THIS RECIPE? PIN IT FOR LATER!
Follow Bread Booze Bacon on Pinterest
This sauce was everything I wanted it to be. Rich, garlicky, a little salty and nutty from the cheese. I couldn’t have been happier! While the sauce simmered and bubbled I couldn’t keep my spoon out of it. I told myself that it was quality control. Need to check the viscosity, make sure the seasoning is right, all that jazz, but in reality, I just wanted to lick the spoon.
This recipe is crazy easy to make and you’re going to want to put it on damn near everything! Pasta, pizza (oh do I have a recipe for you next week!), crostini, casseroles, I’m dreaming of all the possibilities. Skip going out and waiting in line at your favorite Italian place. Make this sauce, let it make love to your pasta, and have a little side salad for some acid. It’s the perfect meal.
- Heat a medium saucepan (or skillet) over medium to medium-high heat.
- Add the butter and cook until melted. Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently to prevent burning.
- Add the cream cheese and stir to combine. Cook until the cheese has become very soft, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the cream and Parmesan cheese; whisk to combine until the cream cheese is dissolved into the sauce.
- Cook, whisking occasionally until the sauce begins to bubble and the Parmesan is melted, about 3 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium-low and continue to simmer, stirring occasionally, until the sauce has thickened a bit.
- Serve warm.