You’ve tried the jello poke cakes, now it’s time to try RumChata Poke Cake! With cinnamon and RumChata, this cake is a little bite of heaven.
RumChata Cake with cake mix is about the easiest new way you will find to make a delicious boozy dessert. I love to have it chilled so all the flavors have a chance to fully combine. It’s become my favorite decadent way to end a dinner of crab legs or grilled steak and potatoes!
Why We Love RumChata Poke Cake
- Fluffy white cake is a drizzled with RumChata glaze that soaks into the cake crumb creating a perfectly moist cake.
- This boozy dessert gets topped with a cinnamon-sugar touch that make this cake taste like grown-up Cinnamon Toast Crunch!
- RumChata cake is great for holiday parties. I even plan to have RumChata birthday cake next year, because this is my new favorite!
Ingredients You’ll Need to Make this RumChata Cake recipe
WHITE CAKE: This cake starts with a boxed white cake mix plus the ingredients you’ll need to prepare it. I like to keep things easy and use a store-bought cake mix, but a homemade white cake will 100% work too!
SWEETENED CONDENSED MILK: You will be mixing the RumChata with this to make the glaze that will drip down into the holes poked in the cake. It’s the same stuff used in Better Than Sex Cake.
RUMCHATA: A little bit goes a long way with this creamy liqueur. It adds the perfect touch of cinnamon and rum flavor to this cake and screams holiday party favorite!
TOPPING: I like a lighter topping so I use Cool Whip over the finished cake vs vanilla frosting. (It would be WAY too sweet for me.) Then sprinkle cinnamon sugar over the top for presentation points.
How to Make RumChata Poke CakeJump to Recipe
STEP 1 Make the cake according to the package directions for a 9-inch x 13-inch size pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
STEP 2 Poke holes in the top of the cake using the back of a wooden spoon or a fork. Just don’t go all the way through the cake.
STEP 3 Mix together the RumChata and sweetened condensed milk and pour it all over the top of the cake. Then let it soak in for 2 hours while the cake cools.
STEP 4 Spread the tub of Cool Whip over the cooled cake and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Then chill the cake in your fridge until ready to serve.
Tips & Tricks
- You can use homemade whipped cream if you prefer instead of Cool Whip. I totalyl done this and it’s even better! But sometimes SUPER easy is what I want in a dessert.
- Mixing the RumChata and condensed milk together before pouring it oven the cake ensures even flavor distribution.
- The cinnamon sugar sprinkled on top brings the RumChata flavor to life, so don’t skip that step. Heck, you can even sprinkl some on some whole or crushed Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal too for a little crunch.
- I recommend chilling the finished cake for a few hours before serving after it’s cooled. This will take all the flavors to a whole new level of awesome and give the cake slices clean edges!
RUMCHATA POKE CAKE FAQ
What does RumChata taste good with?
RumChata is going to become your favorite liqueur to keep around, it is good with just about anything, but especially creamy or cinnamon-based flavors. Fireball, Ice Cream, Cinnamon, Hot Chocolate, Root Beer (use RumChata instead of ice cream for a delicious light treat), or just by itself.
Other Recipes You May like
- 4th of July Poke Cake
- Samoa Poke Cake
- Pink Asti Cupcake
- Guinness Gingerbread
- Triple Chocolate Jack Daniel’s Cupcakes
- Irish Cream Pistachio Fudge
RumChata Poke Cake
- Grease the inside of a 9-inch x 13-inch pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Prepare the cake batter and pour it into the prepared pan. Then bake the cake according to package directions for a 9×13-inch pan.
- Remove the cake from the oven and poke the top all over with a fork, skewer, or back of a wooden spoon.
- Whisk together the sweetened condensed milk and RumChata in a large measuring cup and pour all over the top of the cake. Allow the cake to cool and soak at room temperature for 2 hours.
- Spread thawed Cool Whip whipped topping all over the top of the cake.
- Combine the cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl and then sprinkle evenly over the top of the cake. Chill in the fridge until ready to serve.