Guinness Gingerbread is one of my family’s favorite desserts! It’s flavorful, has a light, fluffy texture, and is totally addicting!
I love Guinness. It’s delicious and wonderful. For those of you thinking, “Ewww!” right now, I think we need to have a little talk. Guinness has less calories and a lower alcohol content than regular beers. So? So! You can drink more and you won’t get fat or drunk…sort of. Win-win!
Guinness Gingerbread is one of my family's favorite desserts! It's flavorful, has a light texture, and is totally addicting!
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 cup Guinness stout
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/4 cups sour cream
- 2 eggs
- Powdered sugar for dusting, optional
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Coat a 9" x 13" baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a large pot, over medium-low heat, melt the butter, corn syrup, honey, sugar, stout, ginger, cinnamon, and cloves until well combined; stirring occasionally.
- Remove pot from heat, and whisk in flour mixture. You will need to keep whisking for a while until everything is combined and smooth.
- In a small bowl, mix sour cream and eggs. Beat sour cream mixture into the flour mixture. Whisk until smooth and evenly combined.
- Pour batter in prepared pan. Bake for 45 minutes. When the gingerbread is ready, the top will be shiny and rise up, and the sides will be pulling away from the pan.
- Place the baking dish on a wire rack and cool completely. Sprinkle cut portions of gingerbread with powdered sugar for serving, if desired.