No Bake Pumpkin Pie with Pudding makes enjoying holidays, or just eating pie, way too easy! This scrumptious, six-ingredient pie is amazing!
Why We Love This Easy No Bake Pumpkin Pie
- No Bake Pumpkin Pie is unbelievably creamy and light, full of everyone’s favorite pumpkin pie flavors!
- Keep your oven busy making all of the other delicious dishes on your holiday menu. This pie can be whipped up on the counter and lovingly placed in the fridge to be devoured later!
- Pumpkin pie with pudding is easy to make with only six ingredients and no fancy tools required. Everything can be whisked together in one bowl and poured into a pre-made crust so the only thing easier than making this pie is eating it!
- Pick your favorite pie crust to make this pie with and enjoy a new pie every time you make it! Graham crackers, Nilla wafers, or even crushed Oreos can be used to make a decadent crust you love.
Ingredients You’ll Need to Make No-Bake Pumpkin Pie
NO BAKE PUMPKIN PIE FILLING: To make this creamy filling you will need two 3.4-ounce boxes of instant French vanilla pudding, pumpkin pie spice, and a can of pumpkin puree. Make sure the package says that it is 100% pure pumpkin and not pumpkin pie filling. The two are not the same and can’t be used interchangeably.
CRUST: You will need a pre-made graham cracker crust for this pie. You can buy one at the store or make a homemade graham cracker pie crust. Just be sure to let it cool completely before filling if you make your own.
You can also swap out for other pre-made crusts such as a Nilla wafer or Oreo if you prefer.
WHIPPED TOPPING: While it is optional, who doesn’t love whipped cream on their pie?!?!
How to Make No Bake Pumpkin PieJump to Recipe
STEP 1 In a large bowl, whisk together the vanilla pudding mix and pumpkin pie spice.
STEP 2 With a hand mixer, beat the heavy cream and pumpkin puree into the dry ingredients until it’s thick and smooth. Scrape the sides of the bowl down as needed.
STEP 3 Scoop the pie filling into the pre-made pie crust and smooth it into an even layer. Cover the pie and refrigerate it for 1-3 hours, or until the filling is set.
STEP 4 When you are ready to serve, top the pie with whipped cream and enjoy.
Tips & Tricks
- You can make other flavor changes to this pie by switching up the pudding mix you use! Try out white chocolate or cheesecake or get even more decadent by making a chocolate pumpkin pie, using chocolate pudding!
- Make a homemade crust for this pie by crumbling your favorite cookies in a food processor and mixing the crumbs with just enough butter to make everything stick together- it should feel like clumpy sand. Press the crumbs into a pie dish and bake at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes. Make sure the crust is completely cooled before adding the filling.
- Add more toppings besides whipped cream! Sprinkle pumpkin pie spice over the top for a delicious and pretty presentation or a drizzle of caramel sauce. Add a little crunchy texture to the pie with graham crackers or ginger snap cookie crumbs. Go big with this creamy pie!
- Store your pie covered in the fridge for up to three days or in the freezer for up to three months.
No Bake Pumpkin Pie Recipe FAQ
Is canned pumpkin the same as a pie filling?
Pumpkin puree is 100% pumpkin that has been blended up and canned. There is nothing added to this puree so it’s a pretty blank canvas that can spiced and seasoned for whatever you are making.
Pumpkin pie filling, on the other hand, is pumpkin puree that has been blended with sugars, spices, and other ingredients that are really only for making pie. Pumpkin pie filling is great for those who want to easily make pie with no fuss and pumpkin puree is great for its versatility and use in many different recipes.
How do you keep the bottom crust of a pumpkin pie from getting soggy?
The best way to keep the bottom of a pumpkin pie, or most pies for that matter, from getting soggy is to blind-bake the crust you will be using. So what is blind baking? Blind baking is when you cook your pie crust before you fill it so that it is crisp and dry.
When you purchase pre-made pie crusts like graham cracker, Oreo, or other cookie crusts, from the store they are already baked you don’t need to blind bake them, but the regular pie crusts in the refrigerated or frozen section need to be baked ahead of time.
Blind baking the crust not only provides a firm crust for no-bake and cream pies but also prevents pies from getting soggy on the bottom. This recipe for No-Bake Pumpkin Pie uses a store-bought graham cracker crust, which is why you don’t need to blind-bake it.
Other Recipes You May Like
- Butterscotch Pie
- Apple Crumb Pie
- Double Layer Cream Cheese Pumpkin Pie
- Chocolate Cream Pie
- Bourbon Bacon Pecan Pie
No Bake Pumpkin Pie with Pudding
- Add the pudding mix and pumpkin pie spice to a large mixing bowl. Stir to combine.
- Add the heavy cream pumpkin puree to the pudding mix. Use a hand mixer (or stand mixer) to beat everything together for 1-2 minutes until thick and smooth. Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl periodically.
- Transfer the pumpkin pie filling to the prepared graham cracker crust and spread it into an even layer.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill for 2-3 hours until set.
- Remove the pie from the oven and uncover. Cut into 8 slices and top with whipped cream or Cool Whip if desired.
- If you can’t find French vanilla instant pudding, you can use regular vanilla or cheesecake flavor as a substitute.
- Store any leftovers, covered, in the fridge for 3-4 days.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.