Chocolate lovers will swoon for these Heavenly Hash Brownies topped with almonds, chocolate chips, and marshmallow cream!
Hi kids, want a brownie? Hehe. STOP IT! YOU STOP IT RIGHT NOW! These aren’t “hash” brownies. They’re totally modeled after Heavenly Hash ice cream. These brownies are studded with chocolate chips and almonds with swirly, sticky marshmallow cream. YUM! So suck it up, because the only high you’re going to get is from sugar.
LOVE THIS RECIPE? PIN IT FOR LATER!
Follow Bread Booze Bacon on Pinterest
So these Heavenly Hash Brownies…they’re amaze-balls! And they come from my girl Emily over at It Bakes Me Happy. Emily bakes up the most wonderful food and I’ve been drooling over her recipes for years. I mean seriously, S’mores Macaroon Bars, White Chocolate Key Lime Shortbread Squares, and Brigadeiro Candies – how could you pick just one to make?!
Had to let the boys help. What little kid doesn’t love adding sprinkles to something? Even if they’re just nuts. (The food, not the kids.)
I did adapt Emily’s recipe a bit. After mixing everything together I had a dry cookie dough type texture instead of brownie batter. I added some more oil and an extra egg to get a really wet dough type base. I was still a little worried. We used a spatula coated with cooking spray to press the dough/batter into the pan. Cutting the marshmallow cream into the brownies was tricky, but in the end, it didn’t matter one bit. I had delectable brownies that everyone wanted a bite of. WINNING!
Heavenly Hash Brownies
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons marshmallow cream
- 1/4 cup almonds sliced or chopped
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips I use milk chocolate, but semi-sweet would be good too
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Coat an 8" x 8" (or 9x9) baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together oil (1/4 cup and the 1 tablespoon), eggs, vanilla, sugar and cocoa powder until combined. Add flour mixture to cocoa mixture, and mix until just combined.
- Transfer the brownie batter to the prepared baking pan. Coat the back of a spatula with non-stick cooking spray, and use it to press the batter evenly into the pan.
- Place dollops of marshmallow cream all over the top of the brownies. Run a butter knife through the brownie batter and marshmallow cream to swirl them together. Sprinkle the top of the brownies with almonds and chocolate chips.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until edges begin to pull away from the sides of the pan, and the center is just about set. Remove from the oven and allow brownies to cool for at least 10 minutes before cutting.
This recipe is shared with permission from It Bakes Me Happy.