Homemade Brownie Mix is one of my favorite easy Christmas presents for neighbors, co-workers, and white elephant exchanges!
Brownies are one of my favorite ways to indulge my sweet tooth! I’m all about the rich and fudgy brownies. When better present to give someone than brownies?! I mean seriously, who doesn’t like brownies? (If you raised your hand, we need to have a talk.) This brownie mix is super easy to whip up. Pair it with my cute jar wrapper with some Santa Hat Hershey’s Kisses and are you are in business friends! It’s a perfect last-minute gift!!
LOVE THIS RECIPE? PIN IT FOR LATER!
Follow Bread Booze Bacon on Pinterest
Brownie Mix Gift Equipment
Santa Hat Hershey’s Kisses (or whatever type of kisses you can find)
Homemade Brownie Mix (recipe below)
One small piece of wrapping paper or some washi tape, if you want to cover the lid
How to Make a Mason jar Brownie Mix Gift
Cut out the printable, line up the two pieces using Santa’s belt as a guide, and tape the papers together.
Line up Santa’s face so it covers one flat side of the jar. Tape one edge of the paper down so the wrapper stays lined up. Wrap the paper all the way around the jar and tape the ends together.
*You may want to place some double stick tape on each face of the jar to secure the paper down, but you don’t have to.
Carefully fill the mason jar up to the 3 cup line (right where the top edge of the wrapper is). You will have a little bit of leftover mix, that’s okay.
Have your favorite sous chef help you make the brownie mix and add the Santa hats! The Hershey’s Kisses Santa Hat Chocolates take the place of Santa’s hat. SO cute!! And did you see the “Ho Ho Ho” plume sticking out of the kisses?!
You’ll be able to fit about a cup of the Hershey’s Kisses in your jar.
The recipe on the back of the printable has all the directions (and add-in ingredients) needed to make the brownies!
If you want to add a little extra holiday flare, trace the inner circle part of the mason jar lid on some wrapping paper, cut out the circle, stick it to the lid, and place it inside the lid ring before tightening everything down. Or wrap the circle with some cute washi tape. I love this little Santa jar!
These little Santa hat chocolates are sure to help you spread some holiday cheer this season! Pop some on your Christmas cookie plate, in your family’s stockings, or leave them out in a bowl at your Christmas party for a treat everyone will love. These brownies are one of our favorite holiday traditions and I hope they will be a new tradition for your family to love! And just in case you’re wondering, the brownies are pretty darn good too!
>> Download the Santa Mason Jar wrap printable <<
Homemade Brownie Mix
- 1 cup unsalted butter melted
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Combine the sugar, flour, salt & cocoa powder.
- Carefully pour the ingredients in a mason jar, filling to the 3 cup line. (NOTE: you will not get all of the brownie mix into the jar. It's okay. We want to leave room for the chocolates.) Fill the jar the rest of the way full with HERSHEY’S KISSES Santa Hat Chocolates (about 1/2 to 1 cup).
To Make Brownies:
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Coat a 13-inch x 9-inch pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Remove the HERSHEY’S KISSES Santa Hat Chocolates from the mason jar. Unwrap the chocolates and roughly chop. Set aside.
- Dump in the rest of the ingredients in the jar into a large mixing bowl. Add the melted butter, eggs, and vanilla. Beat together until combined and smooth.
- Add in the HERSHEY’S KISSES Santa Hat Chocolates and stir to combine.
- Pour the batter into your prepared baking dish and bake for 30 to 350 minutes.Remove from oven. Let cool. Cut into 12 pieces.