Grilled Cajun Chicken Wings are perfect for serving a crowd! Easy to make and loaded with flavor, they’re sure to become your favorite wing recipe!
I’m a little bit obsessed with quick and easy chicken wings. I haven’t always been this way, but in the last 5 years they’ve become a habit. And not just during football season. If I’m at a restaurant with good wings, it’s game on. My go-to prep for my wings is to grill them. No frying needed and SO yummy!
As much as I like wings I’m not one for the super spicy, melt you face off variety. A little heat? Sure. But “oh my god what just happened to me?” Pass. These cajun wings are the perfect harmony of flavor and heat. The dry rub packs in seasoning and the hot sauce keeps them moist and gives that lovely burn on the back end.
Since these wings are grilled they’re perfect for tailgating. Prep your wings and bring your rub and sauce mix along to the game. Preheat the grill and get cooking! Since we usually make burgers, dogs & brats when we have friends over on football days, these wings fit right in with the rest of our game day grub. But really I’d make them any day of the week. Our tabletop grill makes it super easy to make them when I feel like it.
Hungry for more?
Grilled Cajun Chicken Wings are perfect for serving a crowd! Easy to make and loaded with flavor, they're sure to become your favorite wing recipe!
- 12 whole chicken wings
- 1 tablespoons paprika
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne (ground red pepper)
- 2 tablespoons Frank's hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons Cholula Hot Sauce
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat your grill with charcoal or to medium-high heat for propane.
- Prep your chicken wings by cutting off the tips and separating the drummettes and wingettes. Place the wings on a baking sheet.
- Mix the dry rub by combining the paprika, salt, thyme, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, pepper, and cayenne in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle half the rub all over the wings and briefly massage the rub in. turn the wings over and repeat. Don't massage too much or the rub with clump and stick to your hands.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the Frank's hot sauce, Cholula hot sauce, and butter until combined. Set aside.
- Oil the grill so the wings won't stick.
- Place the wings on the hot grill. (You may need to adjust the wing placement as they cook to prevent burning.) Immediately start brushing the hot sauce over the wings with a marinade or pastry brush. Cook the wings for about 8-10 minutes or until the bottom side is golden and charred (not burnt!).
- Flip the wings over, brush with hot sauce and cook for another 7-10 minutes until the bottom is crispy and charred. The internal temperature of the wings should reach 165 degrees F, and there should be no pink inside.
- Remove the wings from the grill and serve immediately.