Turn one of your favorite popsicles into Bomb Pop Jello Shots! They’re the perfect treat for Memorial Day or 4th of July parties!
Popsicles are my favorite during the summer. Don’t get me wrong, I love ice cream too, but my love for popsicles has never gone away. Growing up, my elementary school would even sell popsicles after school on Fridays. I got to help at the popsicle sale and my payment was a free bomb pop. Yeah. How awesome is that?! Now I’ve turned a childhood favorite into unique jello shots that are perfect for parties and for adults only. Why should kids get to have all the fun?
LOVE THIS RECIPE? PIN IT FOR LATER!
Follow Bread Booze Bacon on Pinterest
I did take a few liberties with these jello shots. The original Bomb Pop flavors are cherry, lime, and blue raspberry. While I could reproduce the cherry and blue raspberry layers, making a lime layer that’s white was a challenge. Instead, I opted for a classic cherry, coconut, orange, and rum flavor combination. These shots were a hit at my friend’s party. I brought 4 different jello shots with me and while they all disappeared almost as soon as I walked in the door with them, these jello shots were his favorite.
If you want to do something a little more fun than the regular old plastic cup for your jello shots, a silicon mold is a great option. (Yes, food grade silicone.) I made a set of these shots in a rounded mold for a popsicle vibe, but with their red, white, and blue coloring, star-shaped shots would be awesome for a Memorial Day or Fourth of July party! And if you want to add a little more red, white & blue flare, serve up these Pina Colada Jello Shots on a blue plate!
Hungry for More?
Bomb Pop Jello Shots
- 3 envelopes unflavored gelatin about 3 tablespoons
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 1 1/2 cups hot water
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cups silver rum I used Bacardi
- 3 tablespoons grenadine
- 2 tablespoons cream of coconut like Coco Real
- 2 tablespoons blue curaçao
- Pour the gelatin powder into a medium mixing bowl. Add the cold water and stir to combine. Allow to sit for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the gelatin has absorbed the water.
- Whisk in the hot water until the gelatin is dissolved. Whisk in the sugar until it is dissolved. Add the rum and stir to combine.
- Divide the jello base evenly into 3 separate bowls (a little over 1 cup of liquid per bowl).
- To the first bowl, add the grenadine and stir to combine.
- To the second bowl, add the cream of coconut and stir to combine.
- To the third bowl, add the blue curaçao and stir to combine.
- Pour 1 1/2 tablespoons of the red jello mixture into the bottom of 18 2-ounce silicone molds. Refrigerate the jello for 30 minutes, or until the jello has started to set and the surface is firm.
- Remove the jello from the fridge, and pour 1 1/2 tablespoons of the white jello into each mold. Return the jello shots to the fridge and let set for 20 minutes.
- Remove the shots from the fridge, and pour in 1 1/2 tablespoons of the blue jello into each mold. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour to make sure the jello is completely set.
- Cover the mold with plastic wrap (or the cover it came with) and keep the jello shots refrigerated until ready to serve.
- If using a mold, place the bottom of the mold in very warm water for 10 to 20 seconds to loosen the jello from the mold. The jello should easy slide out of the mold on its own or with a little bit of a push once inverted. Serve with the red jello on top.