Your guests will delight in the “you can’t pop just one” decadence of Cinnamon Sugar Cheesecake Bombs! They are perfect to serve at your next party!
As much as I love cake, I will never be able to leave cheesecake for it. Cheesecake has been my birthday “cake” of choice so many times through out the years. While I L-O-V-E cheesecake, it’s not the most party friendly food. It’s hard to walk around and mingle with a slice of cheesecake and a fork and a drink. Sure there are usually tables, but that feels like sitting down to have dessert after dinner…not party food. Let’s turn cheesecake on it head!
LOVE THIS RECIPE? PIN IT FOR LATER!
Follow Bread Booze Bacon on Pinterest
Leave it to me to find a way to make cheesecake carb-a-rific. These little cheesecake balls are wrapped in homemade pizza dough, for stability, and then rolled in cinnamon sugar for a sweet holiday party treat you just can’t resist. I’m not kidding. I ate one for “taste testing” purposes, and immediately another one was in my hand. They take a few bites to eat, but they are D-AN-G-E-R-O-U-S my friends. In the best possible way.
Join me and the other 12 Bloggers for all kinds of holiday party treats at the end of this post. You do not want to miss this awesome-ness. Even better, I’ll be a part of the 12 Bloggers team all next year! What does that mean for you? Every month, on the 12th, we’ll be sharing a themed dish that takes 12 ingredients of less for you cooking pleasure. We have a great group lined up for next year. I can’t wait!
- Vanilla Mixed Nuts with Cranberries from BetsyLife
- Peppermint Marshmallows from Home Cooking Memories
- Rum Spiced Walnuts from I Love My Disorganized Life
- White Chocolate Chip Cherry Shortbread Cookies from The Rebel Chick
- Easy Peppermint Bark from Million Moments
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge from A Night Owl
- Old Fashion Molasses Cookies from Bless This Mess
- Peppermint S’mores from Mom Endeavors
- Brown Sugar Caramels from Stephie Cooks
- Gingerbread Cupcakes from See Vanessa Craft
- Cranberry Orange Fudge from Around My Family Table
- Cinnamon Sugar Cheesecake Bombs from Bread Booze Bacon
Cinnamon Sugar Cheesecake Bombs
- 1/2 recipe Homemade Pizza Dough or store-bought dough
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Chocolate sauce or chocolate whipped cream optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a mini muffin tin (24 cups) with non-stick cooking spray; set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat together cream cheese, egg, sour cream, and 3 tablespoons sugar until smooth. Portion 1 tablespoon of the cheesecake mixture into each of the mini muffin tins.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes, or until just beginning to set. Remove from oven and cool completely.
- Run a spoon around each muffin tin, and remove cheesecake. Roll each mini cheesecake into a ball and set back in it's tin until you're ready to stuff the dough.
- Portion pizza dough into 24 pieces, and roll each piece of dough into a ball. Flatten one dough ball into a disc. Place a cheesecake ball in the center of the dough, and then pinch the dough closed around the cheesecake to form a ball. Make sure all the seams are sealed. Repeat with remaining pizza dough and cheesecake.
- In a small bowl, mix together cinnamon and sugar. Roll each dough ball in the cinnamon-sugar until well coated. Place the dough ball onto a Sil-Pat or parchment paper lined baking sheet, spacing the dough balls about 1-inch apart.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until dough has cooked through and cinnamon-sugar forms a light crust. Remove from the oven and let sit for at least 5 minutes before serving. The filling will be hot!
- Serve warm or at room temperature. Our boys like to dip their bombs in chocolate sauce, and I like them dipped in chocolate whipped cream.