You’ll never need another queso dip recipe again after you try one bite of Crock Pot Spinach and Bacon Cheese Dip!
One of my favorite food blogs to troll for recipes is Amy’s Cooking Adventures. I’ve been reading Amy’s blog for years. It’s been so long I’m not even quite sure how we met, but she used to participate in our Get Your Chef On cooking challenges, and kicked some serious butt along the way! I’m still completely obsessed with her Potato Leek Soup.
I got a little nostalgic seeing her Colorado Buffalo. I haven’t had a Colorado Bulldog (cocktail) in ages! I practically forgot about them. And then I saw Amy’s Crock Pot Bacon Bourbon Baked Beans. Bacon + bourbon = happiness kids. They’re seriously on my to make list. Like ASAP.
In the end Amy’s Spinach and Bacon Dip won out. I mean bacon, hello?! I had a troupe of men coming over for the weekend to drum and eat. This dip became the perfect appetizer to leave out while I made everyone dinner.
And you know what? It’s the best freaking cheese dip EVER!! You totally think I’m exaggerating, but you are so so wrong my friends. The boys got out the tortilla chips and went to town. I was making Chicken Parm for dinner, and a few of them started tearing off pieces of the French bread I bought and dipping it. This stuff is that good. You just can’t stop eating it! I made this dip completely crock pot friendly, but if you want a quicker prep just go check out Amy’s original recipe.
- 7 to 8 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 6 slices bacon, cooked crispy and crumbled
- 16 ounces Velveeta cheese, cut into ½-inch cubes
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chiles, drained
- Place all the ingredients in a 1.5 quart slow cooker. Cover.
- Cook on HIGH for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Remove lid, and stir until all ingredients are well combined.
- Turn slow cooker to WARM, and serve.
This recipe is shared with permission from Amy’s Cooking Adventures.