The Brown Derby combines classic flavors for a nod to old Hollywood for a red carpet worthy cocktail! It’s the perfect drink to serve your guests!
This cocktail is something special to me. It has whiskey, which is always Mike’s & my first choice in spirits, but it’s also our wedding day cocktail. We didn’t have a signature drink at the reception or anything. Instead, Mike whipped up round after round of these cocktails the morning of the wedding for all the girls and the stylists at our house getting ready.
LOVE THIS RECIPE? PIN IT FOR LATER!
Follow Bread Booze Bacon on Pinterest
Everyone raved over them! Since then, we’ve made these drinks a few more times and I’ve tweaked to original recipe a little to make them more crowd friendly. For anyone thinking only vodka can be friends with grapefruit juice, you are oh so wrong my friend. And please, please, please use fresh grapefruit juice. It makes all the difference in the world!
With The Oscars on Sunday I thought it’d be the perfect time to share this cocktail with all of you! It’s a nod to an old Hollywood haunt and I’m all about old Hollywood. But why stop at just a cocktail? This month for Blockbuster Bloggers we’re giving you everything you need for the perfect Oscar party. (Okay, maybe not the bitchin’ Louis Vuitton shoes, but still.) We have everything from drinks and bites to invitations and ballots to cast your vote for the winners. So call your friends and get your party on!
- Chocolate Dipped Pears from Around My Family Table
- The Brown Derby from Bread Booze Bacon
- Glitter Name Topper from Ashlee Marie
- Printable Oscar Party Bingo Game from Play. Party. Plan.
- Glitter & Gold Popcorn from Mom’s Messy Miracles
- Oscar Party Printable Invitations from Hey, Let’s Make Stuff
- Garlic Parmesan Wonton Crisps from Love Bakes Good Cakes
- Sun Dried Tomato, Pesto & Garlic Bites from Home.Made.Interest.
- Oscars Winners Ballot from Sweet Rose Studio
- Swag Bag and Oscar Award from Life Anchored
- Champagne Jello Shots from Sugar & Soul
- 2 1/2 ounces good whiskey, I used Woodford Reserve
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 cup fresh ruby red grapefruit juice
- Lemon-lime soda
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Pour in whiskey, honey, and grapefruit juice. Close the shaker and shake vigorously for 30 seconds.
- Fill two collins glasses with ice. Pour half the contents of the shaker into each glass.
- Fill the glasses the rest of the way with soda. Ad a straw, if desired.