Strawberries & Cream Punch is a fun summer drink that’s easy to make and is even better spiked with a little booze! It’s guaranteed to cool you down.
You guys! I love a big fizzy bowl of punch that has ice cream melting in it. Even though that’s not totally prudent for an outdoor party, it doesn’t mean we can’t work around that and make something awesome. This punch has all the same elements I was looking made party friendly. The liquid goes in a big ass pitcher with some ice to keep it cool, and the ice cream can stay in your cooler of water bottles and soda. I’m not letting any bugs get in my drink!
LOVE THIS RECIPE? PIN IT FOR LATER!
Follow Bread Booze Bacon on Pinterest
Everyone at the party LOVED this punch. Carson totally went back for seconds and tried for thirds, but mom shot him down. Even my dairy-free friend loved the simple combination of strawberry and soda. It’s a crowd pleaser this one!
This punch is totally great spiked with regular or whipped cream vodka too! Just add 1 1/2 cups to your pitcher. That’s enough vodka for about 6 cocktails. If you like a little more punch in your punch, make it 2 cups. Alternately, you can serve this drink in a punch bowl. Just fill with the strawberry soda, and add scoops of ice cream to the bowl. The ice cream will melt and float on top of the punch. If you’re boozing it up, add a shot of vodka to your glass before grabbing a ladle from the punch bowl. There are SO many options!
I went through the trouble of making homemade strawberry swirl ice cream for our party. You SO don’t have to do that. I’m just weird and think it’s fun to make everything sometimes. Store-bought vanilla or vanilla with strawberry swirl ice cream would work just great for this recipe. 10 to 1 you’re going to have extra ice cream in your glass, just pour some more soda on top and keep drinking. It’s thenever-endingg drink. Ha!
You can get all our 4th of July Party recipes, decor, and printables HERE!
Strawberries & Cream Punch
- 2 pounds strawberries stemmed, rinsed & cut into large chunks
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 4 liters lemon-lime soda
- Vanilla or vanilla with strawberry swirl ice cream homemade or store-bought
- 2 ounces whipped cream flavored vodka per cocktail
- Place strawberries in a medium mixing bowl. Sprinkle with sugar and let sit for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Pour strawberries and sugar into your food processor (or blender) and puree until smooth, like really smooth. You don't want a lot of chunks.
- At this point your can use your puree as is. If you're not into floaties in your drinks, press the puree through a fine mesh sieve (working in batches) extracting all the liquid possible and discarding the pulp. Refrigerate puree until ready to serve.
- Combine 1/2 the puree with one 2-liter of soda and stir to combine.
- Add 1 to 2 scoops of ice cream to a mason jar (or serving glass), add vodka if desired, and then fill the glass with strawberry soda. Add a spoon, a straw, and serve!
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.