This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Manwich. All opinions are 100% mine.
Get a flavorful dinner the whole family will love on the table in under 15 minutes! Think it can’t be done? Try my Sloppy Jose and see the light!
After a weekend of having fun and going out to eat, getting back to cooking can be kind of a pain. I mean, I’m a food blogger and all, but some nights I do not want to cook dinner. I think about the dishes, the time, and sometimes I think “forget it!” But when I have a recipe I can whip up in 15 minutes in one skillet, and everyone looks at me like I made the best thing ever after the first bite. My faith in dinner is restored and I don’t mind making something at home. This week it’s the Sloppy Jose and Manwich to the rescue!
LOVE THIS RECIPE? PIN IT FOR LATER!
Follow Bread Booze Bacon on Pinterest
One pound of ground beef, one can of Manwich sauce, and one skillet – lots of easy dinner possibilities!
These yummy, sloppy filled to the brim buns of happiness are the answer to my start of the week dinner blues. With Manwich Mondays recipes, I can have dinner ready in a snap, and there are so many options (not just sloppy joes kids)! Like this One-Pot Southwest Macaroni and all these yummy Manwich Mondays Recipes. Or sign up for the ReadySetEat enewsletter to have recipes delivered directly to your inbox!
I love the flavors I normally put on my favorite burrito paired with the Manwich Bold sauce. This sauce isn’t as sweet as the original Manwich sauce and that’s just what this recipe needs, some sauce with attitude. I’m totally plotting to turn this Sloppy Jose into party dip. A little cream cheese and sour cream spread on a plate, topped with Sloppy Jose Manwich mix, cheese, and guac?! Give me a bag or tortilla chips and I’m a happy camper!
I’ll definitely be serving up another round of Sloppy Joses for National Sloppy Joe day on March 18th! Yeah. There’s a holiday for sloppy joes. Kind of awesome, right?! I love food holidays and this year I’m going big for all my favorites! What are you going to serve up? A traditional Sloppy Joe or a fun spin on the classic?
- 1 pound lean ground beef, or ground turkey
- 1 can Manwich Bold sauce
- 1 teaspoon chile powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1/2 cup of your favorite guacamole
- 4 hamburger buns
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown ground beef in skillet until no longer pink, about 8 minutes.
- Add Manwich Bold sauce and stir until beef is well coated. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add chile powder, oregano, cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper to beef mixture; stir to incorporate seasoning into sauce. Cook for two minutes.
- Separate burger bun bottoms and tops, with the cut sides facing up. Spread 1 to 2 tablespoon guacamole on the cut side of the top bun.
- Spoon 1/4 of the beef mixture onto the cut side of the bottom bun. Top beef mixture with 1/4 of the shredded cheese. Place top bun on cheese, guac side down.
- Dig in and try not to get too messy! I like to serve these with some tortilla chips so I can scoop up and sloppy jose that falls onto my plate and eat it with the chips. YUM!