Get dinner on the table in a hurry! This Orecchiette & White Clam Sauce only takes 15 minutes to cook and will totally elevate your plate!
Going out to eat in my favorite indulgence. Some nights I want my favorite comfort foods, and other nights I make to order dishes I don’t normally make at home…like linguine & clam sauce.
However, sometimes I get the bug to bring these restaurant dishes home. This meal is so quick and easy you’ll want to make it every night of the week! But don’t, because there’s lots of delicious butter involved.
LOVE THIS RECIPE? PIN IT FOR LATER!
Follow Bread Booze Bacon on Pinterest
The Dorot product line is my secret weapon for this recipe. The prepared and pre-portioned seasonings make it a breeze to add lots of flavor to my favorite dishes and cut down on prep time.
You can find everything from garlic & glazed onions to basil & ginger in your store’s freezer section right by the frozen vegetables. I grabbed some during my weekly run to Trader Joe’s.
Then, when you’re ready to cook, grab your seasonings from the freezer and pop out, however many cubes you need. SO easy and because Dorot freezes their herbs and veggies within 90 minutes of harvest you know they’re fresh.
Oh! And the Dorot packs will last about 2 years in your freezer, so you’ll always have your favorite recipe starters on hand.
I seriously wish you guys had smell-o-vision!! Once you add the Dorot cubes the room just fills with the beautiful aromas of butter and garlic and onions and it’s heaven!
Just be careful because the frozen Dorot cubes in the hot fats tend to make things a little crazy. (see: grab a splatter screen)
I’m already thinking of more yummy recipes to make with Dorot products. I totally plan to use all the time I save not prepping to enjoy some wine after dinner.
- 1 pound orecchiette pasta
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 cubes Dorot glazed onions
- 2 cubes Dorot crushed garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine, I recommend Sauv Blanc
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 19.5 cans minced clams, or three 6.5 ounce cans, with juice
- Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Fresh of dried parsley, for garnish
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Season generously with salt.
- Add the pasta and cooked according to package directions until al dente. Drain.
- While the pasta is cooking, start the clam sauce.
- Heat a large skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Add the olive oil and butter, cook until the butter melts. Add the onion & garlic, stir to help break down the cubes. (Be careful! The hot fats pop against the cold Dorot cubes.) Add the red pepper flaked and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice, wine, basil, oregano, and Old Bay to your sauce, stir to combine. Bring to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer to the drained pasta to a large serving bowl. Pour the clam sauce over the pasta and stir to coat. Top with grated parmesan and parsley.
- Serve immediately with crusty bread to soak with the extra sauce and the rest of the bottle of wine. 🙂