Just because you don’t have a campfire doesn’t mean you have to miss out on s’mores bliss, these Mini S’mores Pies can be enjoyed anytime!
Why We Love Mini S’mores Pies
- Mini S’mores Pie is a no bake treat that can be made any time, anywhere and every time you’re craving them!
- These delicious mini pies only require 5 simple ingredients. There are no complicated steps, so they’re really fun to make with kids.
- The chocolate ganache you’ll be making is ahhh-mazing! That rich chocolaty taste will knock your camping socks right off and gives these easy S’mores Pies that wonderful taste.
- So, these mini pies have all the S’mores flavors you love, yes. But the second-best part (the first best part is obviously eating them) is getting to use a kitchen torch! I simply do not get to use my torch enough so these Mini S’mores Pies get an extra gold star from me letting me bust out the torch. Don’t have one? That’s totally okay. It’s only a suggestion for this recipe but seriously, they’re pretty cool…
What is S’mores Pie?
GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST: A package of mini graham cracker crusts is needed for this recipe. The mini crusts are the perfect size for individual servings.
BAKER’S CHOCOLATE: Baker’s dark chocolate will be used to make the ganache and is the perfect balance to the sweet marshmallow fluff. Baker’s chocolate can be found in the baking aisle of the grocery store and unlike a chocolate candy bar, it is pure chocolate so there’s no added ingredients to throw off the sweet level of your dessert.
HEAVY CREAM: The heavy cream will be needed to make the chocolate ganache.
MARSHMALLOWS: For this recipe, you will need marshmallow fluff. If you’d like to use regular marshmallows or even mini marshmallows, those are all great options too. I kind of like to cram a lot of marshmallows in mine because I love them!
TOPPING: An optional topping for the Mini S’mores Pies are pieces of a Hershey’s chocolate bar, for a quintessential s’mores look!
How to Make Mini S’mores PieJump to Recipe
STEP 1 Place the mini graham cracker crusts on a baking sheet or another flat pan so that you can move them easily. Chop the Baker’s chocolate and put it into a medium bowl. In a small pot, heat the heavy cream until it just starts to simmer, and then pour it over the chopped chocolate. After letting that sit for a few minutes, whisk the heavy cream and chocolate together until you have a smooth ganache.
STEP 2 Pour an equal amount of ganache into each pie crust and place the crusts in the refrigerator to set. Once set, take the pies out of the fridge.
STEP 3 To each pie with marshmallow fluff or marshmallows, filling the top edge to edge. For a toasted look and classic taste, briefly toast the marshmallow with a kitchen torch. Top each mini pie with a small square of Hershey’s chocolate.
Tips & Tricks
- Using a kitchen torch is pretty fun but if you don’t have one don’t sweat it and definitely DO NOT put these mini pies under a broiler. The high heat can melt the beautiful ganache and we don’t want that to happen.
- Mini marshmallows, colored marshmallows, or whatever your favorite marshmallows are can be used in these pies.
- If you’d like to make these Mini S’mores Pies ahead of time you can. Just wait to add the marshmallow fluff until right before you’re ready to eat them. You know how marshmallows are, they start to get dried out pretty quickly so make up the crusts with the ganache and store those in an airtight container in the fridge and when you’re ready for dessert you can add the marshmallow and toast it.
- If you do have leftover mini pies you can store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Mini S’mores Pies FAQ
What are s’mores?
You’re killing me smalls! Everyone knows what a S’mores is! (Please tell me you love The Sandlot too.)
The iconic S’more first appeared in a cookbook in the 1920s as a Graham Cracker Sandwich but was very popular before that. Classically, the S’more is a piece of chocolate and a toasted marshmallow sandwiched between two graham crackers. The hot marshmallow gently melts the chocolate so that it coats the inside of the s’more and you get a perfect chocolate-marshmallow-graham cracker bite. They’re so good, you want s-more! These are a campfire classic because it’s fun to toast marshmallows over a fire and so delicious to eat.
What is the best way to eat a s’more?
I am sure you can think of two of the best ways right off the bat – the classic campfire s’more and these Mini S’mores Pies. But you can also find a treasure trove of creative ways to enjoy s’mores and s’mores flavors. There are s’mores martinis, s’mores cereal and s’mores Sundays and so much more! I’m sure that after trying these Mini S’mores Pies you’ll be finding many new ways to bring these amazing flavors into more of your cooking!
Other Recipes You May like
- Rocky Road Candy Bites
- Chocolate Cream Pie
- Homemade Chocolate Cake
- Peanut Butter Graham Cracker Pie
- Rocky Road Brownies
- 25 S’mores Recipes
Mini S’mores Pies
- Arrange the pie crusts on a small baking sheet or large flat plate for easy moving.
- Finely chop the chocolate and place it into a medium bowl.
- Heat the heavy cream in a small saucepan over medium heat just until the edges begin to simmer. Then pour over the chocolate and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Whisk the chocolate and cream until you have a smooth ganache. Divide the ganache evenly between the pie crusts and transfer to the refrigerator to set up for about 1 hour.
- Remove the pies from the fridge and top each with about ¼ cup of marshmallow fluff. Toast with a kitchen torch for that classic s'mores taste. (see note) Top with a Hershey’s bar if desired.
- Mini marshmallows could be used instead of marshmallow fluff if you prefer.
- The marshmallow fluff doesn’t HAVE to be toasted, but it is what gives these pies their signature s’mores flavor.
- DO NOT try to toast until the broiler because it will impact the ganache filling.
- You can store pies without fluff or marshmallows for up to 3 days in an airtight container in the fridge. Add and toast the marshmallow just before serving the pies.