Irish Eyes Creme de Menthe Jello Shots are a delicious cocktail turned party favorite that’s perfect for everything from St. Patrick’s Day to Christmas!
LOVE THIS RECIPE? PIN IT FOR LATER!
Follow Bread Booze Bacon on Pinterest
Looking for something other than your same old green beer for St. Patrick’s Day? (Yes, I’m judging you a little bit. You should have a Guinness, Harp, or Smithwicks in hand!) Our unique jello shots turn a classic cocktail into a fun party shot that you can prep ahead of time and serve when ready!
I like to make this drink a little heavy on the whiskey side, but for more balance, you can use equal parts whiskey and creme de menthe. This will also make your shots a darker green color. With the cherries, I was going for a fancy, pick me up and eat me look, but you can use stemless cherries for easier shooting (we like the green and red combo around Christmas time too), or leave the cherries out completely for a back to basics shot that’ll leave everyone feeling more Irish.
- 1 tablespoons unflavored gelatin powder, equivalent to 1 envelope
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 3/4 cup half and half, or whole milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons green creme de menthe
- 1/2 cup Irish whiskey, like Tullamore DEW
- 10 maraschino cherries with stems, optional
- 10 two ounce plastic ramekins
- Add gelatin powder to a small mixing bowl. Pour cold water of the powder and stir once to combine. Let sit until gelatin is dissolved.
- Meanwhile, heat the half-and-half in a small saucepan over medium high heat until hot, but not bubbling.
- Pour the hot liquid over the gelatin while whisking. Stir until the gelatin has melted.
- Whisk in the sugar until the sugar is dissolved. Whisk in the whiskey and creme de menthe.
- Pour jello into each of the plastic ramekins until almost to the top, but not quite.
- Chill for 20 to 30 minutes until the jello begins to set up a little. Add a cherry to each ramekin, and chill until the jello is completely set, 30 minutes to 1 hour.