Chocolate Peanut Butter Cornflake Cookies are an easy, 6-ingredient no bake treat that are as fun to eat as they are to make!
I love baking for the holidays, but sometimes I’m ready for an easy recipe. Like crazy easy. So easy there’s no baking involved and everyone thinks I’m a genius. That’s the name of the game when it comes to these Chocolate Peanut Butter Cornflake Cookies. They’re a great little dessert kids young and old love! While we tend to make them around Christmas time they’re the perfect treat anytime you’re craving something sweet.
LOVE THIS RECIPE? PIN IT FOR LATER!
Follow Bread Booze Bacon on Pinterest
I’d love to tell you these cornflake cookies were my brainchild, but they’re from this AMAZING cookbook Untraditional Desserts my friend Alli wrote. This cookbook is hands down the perfect gift for anyone that loves dessert…including yourself! I have my eye on about 10 recipes (just to start) with crème brûlée cheesecake flagged for my birthday. Mike is trying to get me to make the gingerbread truffles ASAP. If you’re not familiar with Alli’s blog Tornadough Alli. be sure to pop over and say hi after your make these cookies. She has some pretty kick butt recipes!
Okay, back to these peanut butter cornflake cookies!!
How to Make Cornflake Cookies
- Pour cornflakes into a mixing bowl. (See, you’re already a pro at these cookies!)
- Heat up sugar and corn syrup, and then add in peanut butter.
- Pour over cornflakes and mix, mix, mix.
- Portion cookies and let rest.
- Drizzle with chocolate and then try to wait 15 minutes before eating!
How easy is that?! Seriously, the hardest part of this recipe is waiting to eat these no bake peanut butter cornflake cookies!!
When my boys are helping me make this cornflake cookies recipe I let them stir the sugar and peanut butter, and then pour the hot mixture myself. Then they take over. It’s a great way for us to spend time in the kitchen, and they adore homemade desserts. These no bake cornflake cookies are seriously the best!! I love them during the summer months too because no one in Arizona wants to turn on their oven if they don’t have to.
And if you’re not into chocolate or are REALLY craving peanut butter, leave the chocolate drizzle off. Totally your call. I like the chocolate though…with sprinkles!
Hungry for More?
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cornflake Cookies
- Line two baking sheets with a silicone mat or parchment paper. Set aside
- Pour cornflakes into a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, over medium heat, stir together sugar and corn syrup until combined. Cook for 3-4 minutes until the sugar dissolves. Do NOT boil. (the mixture will look white because of tiny bubbles. Lift some of the syrup up with a spoon to see if sugar is dissolved.)
- Remove saucepan from heat and stir in peanut butter until evenly combined. Pour peanut butter mixture over cornflakes and mix until completely coated.
- Drop heaping tablespoons of cornflake mixture onto prepared baking sheets. (I like to form them into little piles with my fingers if needed.) Let cookies rest for 30 minutes to set up.
- To a microwave safe bowl, add chocolate and oil. Microwave for 30 seconds and then stir the chocolate. If needed, microwave for another 30 seconds and stir until chocolate is smooth.*
- Drizzle chocolate over cookies. Let rest for another 15 minutes for the chocolate to set. (I like to refrigerate the cookies.) Serve immediately or transfer to an airtight container until ready to serve.
- If your chocolate doesn't run off the spoon smoothly, add another 1/2 teaspoon of vegetable oil and stir until it's mixed in. This should thin the chocolate enough to let is drizzle. Do NOT add water or milk!
- Recipe yield varies on how big you make your cookies. Don't be shy when portioning, there's plenty of the cornflake mix.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.