Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars are an easy to make treat that are always a hit around the holidays! One taste and everyone will want the recipe!
Rolled oats are one of my favorite things to put in baked goods. These bars are SO good! Chocolate and peanut butter are always a hit around this house. These bad boys are all about that perfect flavor combination…plus oats which is a total bonus! They may not be your standard Christmas cookie, but they totally have a place on holiday treat plates. Better yet, make them year-round for an after-school treat, picnics, or a surprise for the neighbors. Everyone loves these bars!
LOVE THIS RECIPE? PIN IT FOR LATER!
Follow Bread Booze Bacon on Pinterest
A couple years ago for Christmas, my step-mom and Dad gave me a set of two Gooseberry Patch Christmas books that are just so cute. There are recipes, crafts, decor, gifts. They make me want to Christmas everything! When Otto brought home a request for a holiday recipe to put in their class cookbook, I knew I wanted to share one of our favorite easy to make recipes from the Gooseberry Patch books. So here we are with a big plate of bars I’m giving to everyone I know so I don’t eat them all myself. And you bet your butt I’m sending some to Otto’s teachers too since they started all of this.
We like cutting these bars down into bite-sized pieces and popping them on a plate with some Nutmeg Coins with Eggnog Glaze for an easy dessert spread.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a 9-inch x 13-inch baking dish with foil, and then coat the foil with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter, brown sugar, and corn syrup over medium heat, until sugar is dissolved, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat. Add half the peanut butter and vanilla. Stir until peanut butter is melted and smooth.
- Place oats in a large mixing bowl. pour sugar mixture over oats and stir until oats are well coated.
- Pour oat mixture into prepared baking dish. Use a spatula to press the oat mixture evenly into the dish.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, until edges are bubbly.
- While oats bake, melt milk chocolate and semi-sweet chocolate in the same medium saucepan over low heat until smooth. Add remaining peanut butter and stir until smooth and incorporated.
- Once you remove the oats from the oven, sprinkle half the pecans on top of the oats. Pour chocolate mixture over the top of the oats and pecans, and spread evenly. Sprinkle the top of the chocolate with the remaining pecans.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool for 20 to 30 minutes. Once the dish has cooled to the touch, transfer to the fridge until chocolate is completely set.
- Remove from fridge, and lift bars from the pan using the foil. Carefully peel the foil off the block. Cut the block into bars. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.