Brie and Sausage Breakfast Casserole is a savory morning bite that’ll leave you feeling full and happy! Brunch will never be the same!
I love coming up with breakfast casserole ideas. They’re so easy to make and are perfect for serving a few or a whole crowd breakfast. This Breakfast French Toast Casserole has been my family’s must make Christmas morning breakfast for years. But this time, I wanted to make a more savory casserole. I went rummaging around in the fridge and found some extra sausage I had from making biscuits & gravy and a wedge of brie that was just being to be eaten.
LOVE THIS RECIPE? PIN IT FOR LATER!
Follow Bread Booze Bacon on Pinterest
This casserole is everything I hoped it would be. Simple flavors paired with warm egg-y bread happiness for a breakfast that you’ll even want to eat cold, right out of the fridge…not that I did that or anything. The brie I had was super tangy compared to the normal brie I buy, so use your judgment about how much brie you want to add. I didn’t use quite as much as I planned since the flavor was intense. But you do you. That’s the joy of cooking! Putting together flavors and tweaking things to suit your taste for a dish that’s out of this world!
Brie and Sausage Breakfast Casserole
- 4 ounces breakfast sausage
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup milk plus more as needed
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon Italian seasoning blend
- ¼ cup fresh parsley finely chopped
- 5 cups 2 day old French bread cut into 1/2-inch pieces (1/2 loaf)
- 4 ounces brie
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat a 9-inch x 9-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sausage to the hot pan and cook until no longer pink, about 10 minutes. Be sure to break up the sausage into small pieces as it cooks. Remove the sausage to a paper towel lined plate to drain.
- Ina small mixing bowl, whisk together the milk and eggs. Add the salt, onion powder, Italian seasoning, and fresh parsley to the egg mixture and whisk to combine.
- Place the bread in a large mixing bowl and pour the egg mixture over the top. Stir to coat the bread pieces in the liquid and seasonings.
- Add the sausage and almost all of the brie to the bread. Stir carefully to combine.
- Transfer the casserole mixture to your prepared baking dish, and spread it into an even layer. Dot the top of the casserole with the reserved pieces of brie.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until the casserole is set and golden. Remove from the oven and let rest for 5 minutes. Serve warm.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
Malia Sturgeon says
This looks divine! I’m a huge fan of savory breakfasts. Pinned and sharing 🙂