Bacon Fluffernutter Puppy Chow is a sweet & salty snack that’ll make anyone sit up and beg! The combination of bacon and marshmallow cream is what makes it crazy good!
You guys! I’m so freaking excited for the release of The Secret Life of Pets today! We’ve been counting down the days and now the boys are taking for me my birthday (tomorrow).
We’re totally at the point that whenever the trailer comes on TV they let me know, especially if it’s at the end with the poodle playing System of a Down. They’re the best kids.
LOVE THIS RECIPE? PIN IT FOR LATER!
Follow Bread Booze Bacon on Pinterest
To celebrate, my little bacon freaks and I whipped up a batch of my Bacon Fluffernutter Puppy Chow. Because we all know bacon and peanut butter are best friends…I’m not just talking about our basset hound.
This snack is a salty, sweet, crunchy combination that’s crazy good! My boys were a little weary of the bacon at first, but after a handful, it was game on! You can even up the marshmallow factor by adding in some mini marshmallows to the mix!
I’m not the only one excited for The Secret Life of Pets, and this month’s blockbuster bloggers posts are full of pets themed treats for your and your favorite furry (or feathered or scaly…I don’t judge) family members!
- Lime Coconut Puppy Chow from Around My Family Table
- Kibbles & Bits Snack Mix from Love Bakes Good Cakes
- Catnip Tea (for cats) from Celebrating Family
- Puppy Chow Cookie Bars from A Savory Feast
- Puppy Pops from A Little Slice of Us
- Sweet Potato & Banana Pupsicles from A Joyfully Mad Kitchen
- Puppy Party Snacks from For The Love of Food
- Bacon Fluffernutter Puppy Chow from Bread Booze Bacon
Bacon Fluffernutter Puppy Chow
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup marshmallow cream/fluff
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- 8 cups rice cereal squares like Chex
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 5 strips bacon cooked crispy and crumbled
- Add the butter, peanut butter, marshmallow cream, and peanut butter chips to a microwave safe bowl.
- Heat the bowl for 1 minute in your microwave. Carefully remove the bowl and stir until the chips begin to melt. Heat for another 45 seconds. Carefully remove the bowl from the microwave and stir the peanut butter mixture until smooth. (You'll have a few lumps from the marshmallow, that's okay.)
- Add the rice cereal to a large mixing bowl. Pour the peanut butter mixture over the cereal. Use a spoon or spatula to stir the cereal until it is completely coated in the peanut butter.
- Transfer the cereal to a gallon-sized Ziploc bag.
- Add powdered sugar and bacon to the Ziploc bag. Seal the bag and shake vigorously until the cereal is completely coated in the sugar.
- Transfer to a serving bowl, or refrigerate until ready to serve.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.