A fancy dinner doesn’t have to be complicated! Air Fryer Spinach & Feta Stuffed Chicken Breast are ready in about 30 minutes & taste amazing!
Why We Love Air Fryer Stuffed Chicken
- Stuffed chicken breasts are so versatile! Sure spinach stuffed chicken is the most popular recipe, but chicken cordon bleu, crab stuffed, and bacon & cream cheese stuffed chicken are all amazing too!
- I love my air fryer. I’m one of those people. While I don’t cook ALL the things in it, air frying is great for smaller meals or when I don’t want to turn on my oven in the summer
- This spinach and cream cheese stuffed chicken is the bomb. The creamy filling is rich and delicious and the chicken is nice and tender. This recipe is perfect for a date night dinner at home or feeding your family veggies without any complaints.
Ingredients You’ll Need to Make Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast
DAIRY: You’ll need some cream cheese and crumbled feta cheese for the filling in this chicken. If you’re not a fan of feta, you can swap in shredded mozzarella cheese instead.
PRODUCE: To flavor the filling, we’re adding minced garlic (from a jar or freshly minced) and frozen spinach. Definitely get the frozen chopped spinach instead of whole leaf. That way you don’t have to chop it after thawing out the bag.
CHICKEN: Since I’m usually making dinner for Mike and myself, I like to use two larger boneless skinless chicken breasts. That being said, you can absolutely use four smaller 5-6 ounce breasts and serve one or two per person. I vote for whichever size of chicken breasts are on sale.
How to Make Stuffed Chicken Breast in an Air FryerJump to Recipe
STEP 1 Place the chicken breasts on a cutting board and cut a pocket into the side of each chicken breast leaving a 1/2-inch border on either side of the pocket. Do not cut all the way through the breast. (see my tips below for more details)
STEP 2 Wring out the thawed spinach using some paper towels and then place it in a medium mixing bowl. To the spinach add the feta, cream cheese, and garlic, and stir that all together until it’s well combined. Divided the spinach mixture between the breasts, stuffing it into the pocket. Season the outside of the chicken with salt and pepper.
STEP 3 Spray your air fryer basket with some olive oil spray and then place the stuffed chicken in the basket, filling side up if they won’t close. Cook at 350 degrees F for 20-25 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
Tips & Tricks
- The best way to stuff a chicken breast is to lay it flat on the cutting board. Then insert a shape knife toward one end and cut it horizontally like you’re going to butterfly the breast in half, but leave the ends attached so that you make a pocket in the chicken. (watch a chef do this at 0:42 seconds into this video)
- I highly recommend using a meat thermometer to check that the chicken is cooked through to 165 degrees F internal temp. You want to make sure the probe is in the meat and not the filling when checking the temperature.
- If you don’t want the filling as browned as pictured, you can loosely place some foil over the top of the filling before cooking.
Air Fryer Stuffed Chicken Breast FAQ
How long to cook stuffed chicken breast in an air fryer?
Stuffed chicken takes 20-25 minutes to cook in an air fryer at 350 degrees F or 15-20 minutes at 375 degrees F.
Smaller breasts should be checked around the 18-minute mark
Can you cook raw stuffed chicken breasts in an air fryer?
Yes. You can cook raw, homemade stuffed chicken breasts in an air fryer. If you make a double batch and freeze half for later, let the chicken thaw overnight in the fridge and before cooking in your air fryer.
I do not recommend cooking pre-packaged frozen raw stuffed chicken in an air fryer. The outside coating gets overcooked and the inside is usually undercooked.
How to cook air fryer frozen stuffed chicken breasts?
To cook fully cooked (not RAW!) frozen Chicken Cordon Bleu or Broccoli & Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breasts, start by spraying the basket of your air fryer with spray oil. Place 2-4 frozen chicken breasts in the basket, and cook at 390 degrees F for 15-18 minutes, flipping halfway through the cooking time. Then remove them from the basket and serve warm.
Other Recipes You May like
- Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
- Lemon Parmesan Air Fryer Broccoli
- Air Fryer French Toast Sticks
- Air Fryer Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings
- Air Fryer Bacon
Air Fryer Spinach & Feta Stuffed Chicken Breast
- Layer 2 paper towels and then place the thawed spinach in the center of the towels. Wrap them around the spinach and squeeze to remove as much excess moisture as possible. Unwrap the spinach.
- To a medium mixing bowl add the spinach, feta, cream cheese, and garlic. Stir until well combined.
- Cut each chicken breast lengthwise to create a "pocket", leaving ½-inch attached on each end. (You don’t want to cut the whole way through the breast.)
- Divide the spinach mixture between the chicken breasts, stuffing it into the pockets. It's okay if the chicken pocket won't close around the filling. Season the outside of the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Spray the basket of your air fryer with spray oil and place the chicken breasts in the basket. Cook at 350 degrees F for 20-25 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through (internal temperature 165 degrees F).
- Remove from the air fryer and serve warm with your favorite sides.
- You can substitute 4 smaller chicken breasts instead of two large ones. Depending on the size of your air fryer, you may need to cook them in two batches.
- Store any leftover chicken in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.