Once you make Air Fryer French Toast Sticks you will never want to make it any other way! Crispy on the outside and tender inside!
Why We Love Air Fryer French Toast Sticks
- This quick and easy recipe is great for Saturday mornings or weeknight brinner.
- Perfectly cooked crispy outside with tender sweet bread inside – french toast perfection!
- This is hands down the easiest french toast you will ever make.
Ingredients You’ll Need to Make French Toast Sticks
BREAD: Thick-sliced bread is the way to go for these french toast sticks. I love using brioche, but any type of bread will work.
CUSTARD: French toast custard is a simple combination of milk, eggs, and vanilla. Just be sure to dip the bread sticks briefly. That way you won’t run out of custard before you get through dipping all the bread.
SPICES: I love adding ground cinnamon to french toast custard. Sometimes I even add in a little ground nutmeg too! If it’s fall, I’ll switch out for 1 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice and add a 1/4 of pumpkin puree to the custard too.
How to Cook French Toast Sticks in an Air FryerJump to Recipe
STEP 1 Spray your air fryer’s basket with ghee oil spray or brush with a little melted butter.
STEP 2 Cut each bread slice into thirds to make a total of 24 sticks.
STEP 3 In a shallow bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, powdered sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon.
STEP 4 Dip the bread sticks into the custard briefly and place them into the air fryer basket. Only dip as many sticks as will fit without touching. You’ll need to work in batches.
STEP 5 Cook the french toast sticks at 375 degrees F for about 10 minutes, flipping halfway through. Cook the remaining batches for 6-7 minutes, flipping halfway through. Serve warm with your favorite toppings.
Tips & Tricks
- If you don’t have thick-sliced bread available and want to use regular bread, go ahead! You’ll cook the french toast sticks at the same temp and start checking them after 8 minutes on the first batch and after 4-5 minutes for the remaining batches.
- Picking how you want to top your french toast is always the hardest decision, here are some ideas: powdered sugar, strawberries, maple syrup, flavored syrups, whipped cream, cream cheese icing drizzle, a fruit syrup, peanut butter
- Put any leftover french toast sticks in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to five days, or in the freezer for up to three months.
Air Fryer French Toast Sticks FAQ
How long to cook french toast sticks in an air fryer?
The first batch needs to be cooked for about 10 minutes, then you can do about 6-7 minutes for the remainder, the air fryer has to preheat for the first batch so they take a little longer.
How do you cook frozen french toast sticks in an air fryer?
Yes, just preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees F for 3 minutes, then flip, and cook for 2 more minutes.
Other Recipes You May like
- Air Fryer Bacon
- Baked French Toast Casserole
- Cinnamon Sugar Muffins
- Cheesy Sausage Crescent Roll Breakfast Casserole
- Homemade Buttermilk Biscuits
Air Fryer French Toast Sticks
- Brush the basket of your air fryer with melted butter or spray with ghee oil spray.
- Cut each bread slice into thirds so you have 24 sticks.
- In a shallow dish like a pie plate, whisk together the eggs, milk, powder sugar, vanilla, cinnamon.
- Quickly dip the bread slices into the egg mixture, making sure not to let them soak too long. Dip only as many pieces as will fit into your air fryer basket. Arrange the sticks in a single layer making sure the sticks aren’t touching.
- Turn the air fryer on to 375 degrees F and cook for about 10 minutes, flipping the sticks halfway through. For the remaining batches, cook the sticks for 6-7 minutes since the air fryer is already hot.
- Serve warm with powdered sugar and syrup or your other favorite toppings.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.