Strawberry Basil Lemonade Jello Shots are a killer summertime cocktail you’ll want to bring to every party!
Jello shots are one of my favorite things to bring to a party. They’re fun and everyone always gets excited for them. Today we’re heading over to my dad’s house for an ice cream social / potluck with everyone. My step-mom’s spirit of choice is vodka, and these unique jello shots are just the ticket! They’re full of summertime flavors, and they just happen to be red and white. Kind of perfect for the holiday.
I’ve been wanting to make strawberry lemonade jello shots for a while now. Of course they had to be layered, because layered shots look cool, but I wanted them to be a little more than just your regular fare. Enter the awesome sauce kids at Pearl Vodka who sent a bottle of their Lime Basil and Strawberry Basil vodkas to try out. That was it. Strawberry basil shots were a go!
As always we did a test run and these bad boys hit the mark! They have lots of strawberry flavor, you can taste the vodka (it’s a shot, you’re supposed to taste the booze), and they’re not too tart from the lemonade. Total win. All you need is two hours to let these babies chill and you’re in business! Just be ready to make a big batch, everyone is going to want more.
Need the right equipment?
Strawberry Basil Lemonade Jello Shots are a killer summertime cocktail you'll want to bring to every party!
- 1/2 tablespoon unflavored gelatin powder
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1/4 cup good lemonade
- 1/2 cup Pearl Strawberry Basil Vodka
- 2 tablespoons strawberry Jell-O gelatin powder
- 1/3 cup boiling water
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 12 two ounce plastic cups with lids
- Place your plastic cups in a square baking dish for easy transport.
- Place the unflavored gelatin powder in a small mixing bowl. Pour the cold water over the top and stir to combine. Let sit for 1 minute to let the water adsorb into the powder.
- Whisk in the boiling water until the gelatin is dissolved. Ad the lemonade and vodka. Whisk to combine.
- Pour the lemonade mixture into the plastic cups, dividing evenly between all nine cups, so that each cup is about halfway full.
- Transfer the baking dish to the refrigerator and let the jello shots chill for 45 minutes.
- Place the strawberry gelatin powder in a small mixing bowl. Whisk in the bowling water until the powder is dissolved. Add the cold water and whisk to combine.
- Place the bowl in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Remove the bowl of strawberry jello (should be cooled, but still in its liquid form) and the lemonade shot cups.
- Carefully spoon the strawberry jello on top of the lemonade jello in each cup, diving the strawberry jello evenly, until each cup is full.
- Return the baking dish to the fridge and chill for at least 1 hour, or until the strawberry jello is set.
- Place lids on each plastic cup and keep refrigerated until ready to serve. They're have this cool layered effect going on.
You can also use regular vodka and 2 tablespoons basil infused simple syrup in place of the flavored vodka.
I was provided free product to sample.
I thought this vodka was worth sharing with all of you so I did.