This Ginger Grapefruit Fizz goes down dangerously easy and has a light, refreshing taste!
What do you do when your neighbors practically forces you to pick their grapefruit tree? You make cocktails of course! Mike bartended a party last night, so I spent the morning juicing ruby red grapefruits for Grapefruit Mint Vodka Cocktails to be served at the party. And while they sounded good (we did a test run at home) I had different plans for those fat ass fruits.
I still have some Sage Simple Syrup sitting in the fridge, and I’ll be damned if I’m going to let is go to waste. A bottle of ginger ale later, and you have one dangerous cocktail my friends. I made a test drink and took it next door as appreciation for the cocktail inspiration. I had one sip for myself, and they took the cocktail along with my glass. The next day I ran it my Mike, and said he couldn’t taste the alcohol. Which is my favorite response from him. Now, while the simply syrup is infused, a little perfume on the nose with the fresh sage leaf and grapefruit is where it’s at. So don’t skip the garnish!
- 2 ounces good vodka (or ruby red grapefruit flavored vodka)
- ½ ounce (1 tablespoon) Sage Simple Syrup
- 2 ounces fresh ruby red grapefruit juice
- 2 to 4 ounces ginger ale
- Fresh sage leaf, for garnish
- Fill a rocks glass with ice.
- Pour in simple syrup, vodka, and grapefruit juice.
- Fill glass with ginger ale until full.
- Stir to combine.
- Garnish with sage leaf.