This post originally published on Real Housemoms where I am a contributor.
Whipped cream vodka jello shots are so tasty and perfect for your Halloween party! A creamy spin on vodka jello shots with a spooky name!
Why We Love Whipped Cream Vodka Jello Shots
- They’re creamy, sweet, and go down dangerously easy! They’re like a cup of rich and boozy whipped cream with a touch of chocolate. YUM!
- You can make them ahead of time and let them hang out in the fridge until you’re ready to serve ’em up.
- Pop a lid on top of each up and you’re ready to put them in a cooler to take to a friend’s house. Everyone gets excited when you show up with Halloween jello shots!
- I’m not usually into sweet cocktails, but these little guys are always on my Halloween party menu along with my other favorite, black magic jello shots. Love the layers!!
Ingredients You’ll Need to Make Angel of Death Jello Shots
UNFLAVORED GELATIN: You can find this at any grocery store or on Amazon. It comes in a tub or you can get individual packets. (That’s what I usually do.)
VODKA: I like using whipped cream vodka for these shots. It adds a little something and is the perfect complement to all the dairy in our jello mix. But if you don’t have whipped cream flavored vodka on hand, you can swap out for cake vodka, chocolate vodka (yep, it’s a thing – just make sure it’s clear)… or even regular vodka in a pinch
DAIRY: Instead of water (like most jello shots) we’re using milk as the base. Then add in some heavy cream for that decadent richness you’d get from real whipped cream, and boom. Yummy shots!
CHOCOLATE: The chocolate is 100% for garnish on these shots. I sprinkle some over a little whipped cream for garnish. I do think it adds a nice balance to the creaminess of the shots though.
How to Make Whipped Cream Vodka Jello ShotsJump to Recipe
STEP 1 Start by grabbing a medium mixing bowl or 4 cup+ glass measuring cup with a spout. Pour the gelatin powder and cold milk into the bowl and give that a quick stir. Set that aside for now.
STEP 2 Pour 1/2 cup of milk into a small saucepan and heat until it’s barely starting to simmer. Then pour the hot milk into the bowl and whisk it up until the gelatin dissolves.
STEP 3 Pour in the sugar and whisk until it’s dissolved. Then pour in the heavy cream and vodka and stir one more time.
STEP 4 Pour the jello mixture into 2-ounce plastic cups laid out on a baking sheet. Fill the cups about 3/4 full so there is room for toppings and the lid. Chill for 2 hours until set.
STEP 5 Top the shots with whipped cream and chocolate shavings just before serving.
Tips & Tricks
- Keep these shots chilled until you’re ready to serve them. If you’re taking these shots to a party, pop them in a cooler with ice packs to keep them cold.
- Gelatin will breakdown the whipped cream. So you want to garnish the tops at the last minute. Or skip the whipped cream and keep the chocolate. Or use Cool Whip instead. You can put the Cool Whip in a piping bag with a pretty tip to make your shots look fancy.
- I like using semi-sweet or dark chocolate to balance out the sweetness of the shots. Grab a whole chocolate bars and use a sharp knife to cut at the end and shave the chocolate.
Angel of Death Jello Shots FAQ
How much alcohol can you put in jello shots?
You’ll use 1 cup of alcohol for 12 of these jello shots. This amount of vodka will give you a boozy punch in the mouth. You’ve been warned. They’re tasty, but the booze is not hiding at all.
The type of alcohol you use in your shots can change their strength. A standard vodka is 80 proof, but flavored cordials and Irish cream run in the neighborhood or 30 to 40 proof.
What is the best liquor for jello shots?
Vodka is hands down my favorite liquor for jello shots. It’s neutral so the jello flavor is what you taste. You can also use flavored vodka to make some fun flavor pairings. Lemon jello and whipped vodka for lemon meringue pie shots anyone?
The trick here is to know what you want your shots to taste like. Lime jello and silver rum make great daiquiri shots. Tequila with strawberry jello and some lime juice or sour mix make tasty strawberry margarita shots. The possibilities are endless!
Other Recipes You May like
- Beetlejuice Cocktail
- Sparkling Spiced Pumpkin Punch
- Forbidden Forest Test Tube Shots
- Rotten Pumpkin Jello Shots
- Reanimation Reagent Rum Jello Shots
Angel of Death Whipped Cream Vodka Jello Shots
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- ¾ cup milk divided
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 cup whipped cream flavored vodka
- Semi-sweet chocolate shavings for garnish
- Whipped cream for garnish
- Place twelve 2-ounce plastic cups on a baking sheet with the lids off.
- Pour the gelatin into a medium mixing bowl. Add 1/4 cup cold milk and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Heat the remaining 1/2 cup milk in a saucepan over medium heat until it just starts to simmer. Pour the hot milk into the bowl and whisk until gelatin has dissolved.
- Add the sugar and whisk until dissolved. Add the heavy cream and vodka and give everything one more stir.
- Pour the jello mixture into the plastic cups until they're almost full. You want some room at the top so you can put a lid on later. (A measuring cup with a spout works great for this.)
- Transfer the jello shots to the fridge to chill for 2 hours, or until the jello is set.
- When you're ready to serve, remove the shots from the fridge. Pop lids on top and you're all set. If you want your shots to look fancy, add a little whipped cream and some chocolate shavings on top of each shot.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
Leave a Reply