Strawberry Caprese Salad will make you forget all about tomatoes! I love this salad drizzled with a little balsamic glaze!
I love caprese, but hate raw tomatoes. I’m that guy. When you order caprese and I’m at the table I will happily pick out the mozzarella & basil and douse it in olive oil & balsamic. Thus leaving you with more tomatoes than you planned on eating without cheese, and you’ll just have to deal with it. However, I’ve now found the answer to all my caprese prayers in this salad.
LOVE THIS RECIPE? PIN IT FOR LATER!
Follow Bread Booze Bacon on Pinterest
It has all the traditional caprese colors with a bright fruit twist. Even tomato caprese lovers will like this dish. My youngest niece came back for seconds and thirds. That’s how you know your caprese is good. I like to pile this salad on my plate and give it a good drizzle of balsamic glaze for a little extra flavor and sauciness, but it’s great with olive oil too.
I first started making this salad years ago. We went out to Minnesota for my sister-in-law’s wedding, and I was asked to make the appetizers for the reception. Are you kidding me?! YES!!! I want to do it. She’s a vegetarian and I wanted to make sure everything I made would be something she could eat and everyone would love. The main course was Italian so I took that theme and ran with it. I made this strawberry caprese salad, a large dish of Roasted Red Pepper & Sun-Dried Tomato Dip, and a whole bunch of crostini to dip or top with the salad. All the appetizers went over successfully and I’ve been making them ever since!
For all my strawberry lovers out there, you are in luck! Because you’re not getting just one strawberry recipe today, but 9. Count them, NINE recipes! I started this awesome food blogger cooking club last month called Feast & Devour. Our goal? To make a feast that everyone wants to devour! Get it? 🙂 Each month we will center all of our recipes around one ingredient or food preparation. Then on the 20th, we share them all with you! You can find all of this month’s strawberry recipes below.
- Strawberry Caprese Salad from Bread Booze Bacon
- Strawberry Napoleons from Kleinworth & Co.
- Strawberry Shortcake from Cooking with Curls
- No Bake Strawberry Summer Cake from Home.Made.Interest
- Strawberry-Raspberry Lime Chia Jam from Frugal Foodie Mama
- Strawberry Cheesecake Icebox Cake from Julie’s Eats & Treats
- Strawberry Lemonade Poke Cake from Liz on Call
- Strawberry Fluff from Around My Family Table
- Strawberry Mango Salsa from A Simple Pantry
Strawberry Caprese Salad
- 1 pint fresh strawberries rinsed
- 12 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Balsamic glaze for serving
- Stem the strawberries and cut each berry into bite sized pieces. Place the berries in a large serving bowl.
- Cut the mozzarella cheese into bite-sized pieces and add to the bowl with the strawberries.
- Sprinkle the basil onto the cheese and use a large spoon to gently toss everything together.
- Cover and keep cold until ready to serve, up to 30 minutes. Drizzle the salad with balsamic glaze or serve the glaze on the side along with some olive oil, if desired.