Three of my favorite flavors come together for a crave-able little bite in these Spinach & Sun Dried Tomato Deviled Eggs!
Ready to have a sharing kind of day? I like you and feel like I can let you in on a not-so-secret. I’m a deviled egg whore. They’re one of my obsessions. If great deviled eggs are in the room I want to eat all of them, not share, and feel no guilt for taking the last one from the plate even if you didn’t get a single one. You should have moved faster kid. What’s not to love? They’re edible bowls with creamy dreamy egg yolk filling you can turn into a million different flavor combinations. Or, go old school with a little mayo and paprika and you’re in appetizer heaven. Am I right?!
LOVE THIS RECIPE? PIN IT FOR LATER!
Follow Bread Booze Bacon on Pinterest
You don’t get to answer that. My site, my recipe, I’m right. So these eggs and amaze-balls. Fresh spinach, sun dried tomatoes, and eggs are already besties and smushing (yes, that’s a technical term) them all into one little poppable bite is just the right thing to do. Make ’em, watch ’em disappear, and then pull out the back up tray you stashed for yourself. #deviledeggwhore
Hungry for More?
Try our Bacon & Roasted Garlic Deviled Eggs!
Spinach & Sun Dried Tomato Deviled Eggs
- 6 hard boiled eggs peeled
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup minced fresh spinach
- ¼ teaspoon salt plus more to taste, if desired
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon sun dried tomato pesto
- Fresh chives cut into 1-inch pieces, for garnish
- Cut each hard boiled egg in half vertically, so that you have two symmetrical pieces. Use a spoon to gently remove all the yolks.
- Place yolks in a medium mixing bowl, and smash them with a fork. Add mayonnaise to the egg yolks and continue to smash the yolks and mayo together until desired consistency is reached. (You want them pretty smooth so you can pipe them.)
- Add the spinach to your yolk mixture, and stir to evenly combine. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and stir once more.
- Transfer yolk mixture to a piping bag with a end cut off (or ziploc bag with one bottom corner cut off). Carefully move the yolk mixture down to the end of the bag, and then squeeze enough yolk mixture into the cavity of each egg to fill it.
- Garnish each egg with a small dab of sun dried tomato pesto (just under 1/8 of a teaspoon - the pesto has a very concentrated flavor and is potent. AKA a little goes a long way) and place one chive on top of each egg. Cover and keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
Leave a Reply