Roasted Cabbage with Bacon is an easy side dish that’s perfect alongside corned beef! It’s the perfect thing to make for your St. Patrick’s Day celebration!
You guys! We’re one short month away from St. Patrick’s Day, and accordingly it’s National Cabbage Day! For St. Patrick’s Day I usually make Guinness Beef Stew, but every once and I while I get squirrely and make corned beef and cabbage instead. While Boiled cabbage is easy to make when you’re already boiling the beef, this Roasted Cabbage with Bacon is a whole new level of deliciousness for your holiday meal. Heck with any meal!
LOVE THIS RECIPE? PIN IT FOR LATER!
Follow Bread Booze Bacon on Pinterest
This recipe is crazy easy to make. Just slice up a head of cabbage and dress it. Roast a bit, slap some bacon ALL over the cabbage slices, and roast some more. All the bacon fat drips into the cabbage, coating it. So good! Because bacon totally makes everything better. If you’re not a meat-eater, that’s cool. Skip the bacon and add a head of garlic you’ve up the top off of, drizzled with olive oil, and wrapped loosely in foil onto the baking sheet with the cabbage. The garlic will get all nice and roasted too. Once everything’s done, let the garlic until it’s cool enough to touch and them smear it all over the cabbage. You could totally do this with the bacon too, but I like options.
For all cabbage enthusiasts out there, you’re in luck! This month for feast & devour we’re going cabbage crazy. Cooking it it up in delicious ways, chopping it for salads and slaw, the possibilities go on and on. Because cabbage isn’t just for St. Patrick’s Day you know. Grab all the recipes by clicking the links below and getting eating!
- Roasted Cabbage with Bacon from Bread Booze Bacon
- Pastrami & Relish Dog from Kleinworth & Co.
- Asian Sesame Chicken Salad from Cooking with Curls
- Irish Deviled Eggs from Home.Made.Interest.
- Irish Fried Cabbage from Sugar & Soul
- Beef & Cabbage Stew from Bread Booze Bacon
- Thai Peanut Chicken Crunch Slaw Salad from Celebrating Sweets
- Mexican Slaw from The Two Bite Club
- Easy Chow Mein from Liz on Call
- Ginger Cashew Chicken Salad from It Bakes Me Happy
Hungry for More?
Roasted Cabbage with Bacon
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- Cut the cabbage head into 1-inch slices. I got 3 large slices and 2 mini slices from my cabbage, but you can get 4 slices (2 large & 2 medium) if you plan better than I did.
- Lay the cabbage slices flat on the prepared baking sheet. Brush the top of each slice with some olive oil and then sprinkle the salt and pepper evenly over the cabbage.
- Lay the bacon pieces over the tops of the cabbage slices so that the entire top is covered.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until the cabbage is tender, the outermost leaves have charred a little, and the bacon is crispy. (If you need to crisp up the bacon a little more, turn your oven to broil on HIGH for a couple minutes. Just be sure to watch things so the bacon doesn't burn.)
- Carefully remove the baking sheet from the oven. Plate the cabbage and serve immediately.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.