Monster Sweetheart Cookies are loaded with chocolate, peanut butter, oats & festive M&Ms for a Valentine’s Day cookie you’ll adore!
It’s sweets for your sweetheart day coming up soon! I love making fun desserts for my loved ones on Valentine’s Day. In the past, I’ve gone big making Raspberry Lemon Vanilla Cream Crepes, Cherry Chocolate Hand Pies, and No Bake Mini Easy Raspberry Mousse Tarts. But this year I wanted to do something easier, something the grandkids could help with too. These Monster Sweetheart Cookies are easy to make and disappear from the cookie jar about as fast as you fill it up!
LOVE THIS RECIPE? PIN IT FOR LATER!
Follow Bread Booze Bacon on Pinterest
How do these chocolate, peanut butter, and oat cookies sound? Perfect for both kids and adults and super easy to make. And much tastier than flowers! The addition of red and pink M&Ms to these cookies help make these fun holiday cookies seasonal. You could also switch the candies out for red, white & blue M&Ms or red & green M&Ms to match the holiday…or even just use regular M&Ms for everyday cookies.
Besides making some sweets treats, do you make a special meal or go out to dinner? We’ve done a bit of each over the years. Just depends what we are in the mood for… last year we went to Chipotles – probably not your average romantic restaurant but the food was good and it wasn’t crowded! Not sure what we will be doing this year – maybe I’ll make a heart shaped pizza!
Whatever you decide to do, I know these Monster Sweetheart Cookies will certainly be a big hit with your Valentine!
Hungry for More?
- Chocolate Oatmeal Cranberry Cookies
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars
- Mexican Hot Chocolate Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups peanut butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, or 1 stick, softened
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 1/2 cups quick oats
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup M & M's
- Preheat oven to 350 and line baking sheets with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Combine the peanut butter, brown sugar, sugar, and butter in a large bowl and beat until well combined.
- Mix in vanilla and eggs until combined.
- Mix in the oats and baking soda until combined.
- Add chocolate chips and M&Ms and stir into the cookie dough by hand.
- Drop 2 tablespoons of dough onto sheets using a cookie scoop and, if desired, add a few extra M&Ms on top.
- Bake for 10 minutes then cool for 5 minutes on the pan before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in airtight container.