Lemon Ricotta Fritters are a light and fluffy bite that’s perfectly poppable and always a hit at brunch! They are the perfect way to start your day!
I don’t know about you but brunch is one of my favorite meals. Maybe it’s the endless delicious foods that you only put the effort into making on the weekend or the before noon cocktails that define a great brunch. Either way, I’ll take sleeping in, a cocktail, and eggs benedict any day! While I love savory breakfast & brunch dishes, a little something sweet is the best way to finish off brunch. I mean they make donuts for a reason people.
LOVE THIS RECIPE? PIN IT FOR LATER!
Follow Bread Booze Bacon on Pinterest
The fritters are a quick and easy variation on a traditional donut that’ll make you weak in the knees. They’re crispy and golden on the outside and light as a cloud on the inside. I think maybe my favorite thing about these fritters is that they’re not overly sweet. It’s the perfect balance of soft donut-like texture with a hint of sweet. They’re insanely good dipped in your favorite jam or jelly too. I like mine with blackberry preserves. While these fritters should be made right before you’re ready to serve them, you can make the batter the morning of, cover it with plastic wrap and let it hang out in the fridge until you’re ready to fry.
Spring time screams citrus for me, and thankfully it does for the other feast & devour bloggers too! This month we’re celebrating citrus with 10 lemon recipes that’ll make you pucker and beg for more. These sweets just can’t be beaten and everyone will be asking for the recipe!
- Lemon Ricotta Fritters from Bread Booze Bacon
- Lemon Sour Cream Sugar Cookies from I Heart Eating
- Paleo Lemon Cheesecake from Cooking with Curls
- Lemon Berry Napoleons from Home.Made.Interest.
- Lemon Butter Cake from Sugar & Soul
- Lemon Blueberry Bundt Cake from Celebrating Sweets
- Candied Lemon Peel from The Two Bite Club
- Lemon Raspberry Cake from Bread Booze Bacon
- Lemon Poke Cake from Liz on Call
- Lemon Chewies from It Bakes Me Happy
Hungry for More?
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup ricotta, whole or low-fat milk is fine
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- Powdered sugar, for dusting
- Lemon zest, for garnish
- Blackberry preserves, for dipping
- Heat enough oil to fill a medium pot about 1-inch full over medium-high heat until the oil is about 370 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, lemon zest, and salt.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the ricotta, eggs, sugar, and vanilla until smooth.
- Add ricotta mixture to flour mixture and whisk to combine. The dough will thicken and be very sticky.
- Working in batches, use a small cookie scoop to drop batter into the hot oil.
- Fry until the fritters are golden brown, about 1-2 minutes, turning once. Remove cooked fritters from the oil with a spider strainer (or slotted spoon) and place on a paper towel-lined plate. Repeat until all batter has been fried.
- Sprinkle the top of the fritters with more lemon zest, and sprinkle with powdered sugar. Serve warm with blackberry preserves.