Italian Beef Sliders are a party perfect spin on a Chicago classic that’s made for game day! Guests will be asking for the recipe after that first bite!
LOVE THIS RECIPE? PIN IT FOR LATER!
Follow Bread Booze Bacon on Pinterest
Football season is in full swing! While my husband’s whole family is from Ohio and we’re a Browns household (Yes, I know. It’s a factory of sadness.), but I’ve spent most of my adult life rooting for the Chicago Bears. I had a lot of friends that sucked me in and I mean really, after the SNL skits, how can you not love the Bears?
Did you notice the Italian Beef front and center on the guys’ table? Yeah. We’re going there today and bringing a Chicago classic home for football season. While deep-dish pizza and Chicago-style hot dogs are a go to when you’re watching da bears, these Italian Beef Sliders are a carnivore’s dream…and who doesn’t want that while you’re having a beer and yelling at the TV?
I kept my Italian Beef on the tame side , but you could take things up a level by adding 1/2 the bottle of giardiniera (without brine) and a fewtablespoons of the pepperoncini brine to the beef while it cooks to get all that flavor in before adding more on top. Your call. My husband is a big fan of cheese on his Italian Beef, and while this isn’t the traditional way to serve this sandwich it’s a great touch for these sliders!
hile I may be going full on Chicago today, there’s something for every football team in today’s Football Foodie get together. From regional fare to themed dishes, we have the perfect recipe to make while you and your friends cheer on your favorite football team. Just click any of the links below to get the full printable recipe. You can also grab our tailgating recipes, and my Roasted Garlic BBQ Chicken Wings recipe, from last month HERE.
Red Sea Party Punch by Celebrating Family
Bird Gang Sonoran Nachos by Love Bakes Good Cakes
GameDay Cheesecake Bars by Body Rebooted
Healthy Dirty Bird Dip by Dash of Herbs
Purple Potato Salad by The Culinary Compass
Chocolate Blackberry Cheesecake Parfait by Mom’s Messy Miracles
Easy Buffalo Chicken Sliders by Beer Girl Cooks
Quick and Easy Baked Buffalo Chicken Sliders by The Life Jolie
Blackened Steak + Blue Cheese Nachos by Feast + West
Easy Pimiento Cheese Crackers by Family Food on the Table
Chicago-Style Deep Dish Breadsticks by Honey & Birch
Italian Beef by Bread Booze Bacon
Welcome to the Jungle Cocktail by Love & Flour
Bengal Striped Bundt Cake by Foodtastic Mom
Polish Boy Potato Skins by A Mind Full Mom
Sweet and Salty Brownies by The Secret Ingredient Is
Cowboy Cookies by The BakerMama
Cowboy Chili by See Aimee Cook
Green Chili Pulled Pork Cheese Fries by Cake ‘n Knife
Blue and Orange Jello Shot Gummies by Sustaining the Powers
Greek Town Loaded Potato Skins by The Mexitalian
Marbled Scotcharoos by Club Narwhal
Beer Cheese Fondue by Off the Eaten Path
Easy Beer Cheese Soup by Hello Little Home
Chicken Stack Sandwich by Around My Family Table
Bratwurst Sandwiches with Pub Mustard by What A Girl Eats
Game Day Cupcakes by Polka Dotted Blue Jay
Brownie Batter Dip by The Crumby Cupcake
Chocolate Coconut Cupcakes by Two Places at Once
Spicy Jalapeno Popper Cheese Dip with Real Cheese by Simplify, Live, Love
Game Day Snack Tray by Coffee Love Travel
Bacon Mac n Cheese Cups by West via Midwest
South Beach Punch by 2 Cookin Mamas
Miami Mahi Mahi Sandwich by foodbyjonister
Swedish Meatball Dip with Tater Tot Dunkers by Peanut Blossom
Fruity Dessert Pizza with Peanut Butter Chocolate Glaze by Bucket List Tummy
New England Rum Punch by Order in the Kitchen
Crawfish Etouffee by The Speckled Palate
Cajun Crawfish Fritters with Remoulade Dipping Sauce by For the Love of Food
Reuben Sliders with Homemade Russian Dressing by A Dish of Daily Life
Big Blue Cheese Steak Stromboli by Simple and Savory
Spinach & Artichoke Bites by Lauren’s Kitchen
Herb Pesto Arancini by A Little Gathering
Beluga Lentil Hummus by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
Philly Cheese Steak Nachos by And She Cooks
Philly Cheesesteak Cheesecake by Nik Snacks
Game Day Cookie Cups by Me and My Pink Mixer
Primanti Style Sliders by Macheesmo
Pineapple Salsa by Living Well Kitchen
Tex Mex Cream Cheese Wontons with Bacon by Shaws Simple Swaps
Blue Cheese Blitz Dip by Cafe Terra
Chicken Adobo Fries by Brunch-n-Bites
Game Day Candy Bark by Life’s Ambrosia
Chicken Teriyaki Pizza by Loves Food, Loves to Eat
High Seas Sour Cherry Slush by Lizzy is Dizzy
Buffalo Chicken Deviled Eggs by Casa de Crews
Avery Williamson American Cake by Loaves & Dishes
Game Day Sriracha-Honey Nut Mix by An Oregon Cottage
Double-Stuffed Potato Skins by A Simpler Grace
Red Skin Potato Chili Nachos by A Joyfully Mad Kitchen
- 3 pound bottom round roast
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning blend
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
- 12 ounce ale-style beer, I like a Kölsch or Golden ale for this recipe
- pepperoncinis, sliced and in brine
- Chicago-style giardiniera or hot giardiniera
- 9 dinner rolls, do not separate
- 5 slices mozzarella, thickly sliced
- In a small bowl mix together the salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, and oregano until evenly combined. Rub the outside of the beef roast with the seasonings.
- Place the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Carefully place the roast in the hot oil and sear on each side for 1-2 minutes until browned.
- Cut the roast into 4 thick slices and transfer the seared roast to a 5-quart slow cooker. Pour in the beer and add the onions and garlic.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 6 hours. Use two forks to shred the beef while in the crock pot. Keep beef on WARM setting until ready to assemble the sliders.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Remove the dinner rolls from the package (they usually come in a 12 pack - separate 3 of the rolls and set aside.) Use a serrated knife to cut the rolls in half, so that the tops and bottoms are separated. Place the bottom half of the rolls in a 9-inch by 9-inch baking dish.
- Spread 1 to 2 cups of the shredded beef overt the roll bottoms. Top the meat with pepperoncini slices and giardiniera, as much or as little as you like. Layer the cheese over the veggies so that the sliders are covered completely. Lay the top half of the rolls over the cheese, cut side down.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the rolls have crisped up and the cheese is melted.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately.
This post is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by the National Football League (NFL) or any of its teams. All opinions and views expressed on our blogs are our own, not that of the NFL and/or any of its 32 teams. Any team names, logos or other symbols referenced are properties of their respective organizations. We are just big fans — and we want to share our love for our teams, the game and the food that brings us all together on game day.