You’ll fall in love the fresh flavors in this Green Chili & Avocado Turkey Club! A little spicy, a little creamy, and totally delicious!
Clubs are one of my all-time favorite sandwiches. You get an extra layer of bread and there are just so many ways to mix and match ingredients together! But if you don’t have flavors that go great together on your club, it’s going to fall flat. The other day at the store I hit up the deli counter to resupply our sandwich meats and inspiration hit. I walked through the produce department, grabbed some jalapenos and avocados and it was game on!
I hope you like a little attitude from your sandwich because this bad boy packs a punch. Homemade green chili sauce and jalapenos are the perfect pair to for smoked turkey and creamy avocados. This sandwich took no time to whip up and I had a delicious lunch that I would have gladly paid for at a restaurant. It’s that good!!
You'll fall in love the fresh flavors in this Green Chili & Avocado Turkey Club! A little spicy, a little creamy, and totally delicious!
- 3 slices of your favorite bread (I used buttermilk)
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon salsa verde
- 1/2 tablespoon sour cream
- 1/4 jalapeno, seeded and finely diced
- 4 to 6 slices smoked turkey breast (from the deli)
- 1/2 avocado, pitted, sliced, and removed from the skin
- 1 green lettuce leaf, torn into large pieces
- Toast bread in your toaster until golden, you may need to cook it in two batches. Let cool completely.
- In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, salsa, and sour cream until smooth and well combined. Stir in jalapenos.
- Place bread slices on a cutting board. Spread one side of a slice of bread with half of the sour cream sauce. Layer the lettuce on top of the sour cream sauce. Place two slices of turkey on top of the lettuce, covering the bread slice.
- On the second bread slice, layer the avocado slices evenly over the bread and top with two slices of turkey, cover the bread slice.
- Spread the remaining sour cream sauce on one side of the last piece of bread.
- Place the avocado bread slice on top of the lettuce bread slice (bread side down), and the top with the sour cream sauce bread slice, sauce slide down.
- Cut sandwich into 4 squares. Stack two squares on top of each other and skewer each of the two stacks. Serve immediately.