This post is part of a kick-butt burger grill giveaway hosted by GirlCarnivore, but all this burger goodness is my own.
You’ll love these Buffalo Blue Cheese Burgers topped with blue cheese, caramelized onion, and hot sauce! They’re a little messy and crazy good!
One of my favorite places to get lunch is a burger joint called Zinburger. They have the best burgers, sweet potato fries, truffle fries, $5 milkshakes, and even Etch A Sketches for the kids. The only downside is that like most restaurants, they rotate their menu now and again. My favorite burger to order was called little boy blue and it had caramelized onions, blue cheese, and steak sauce. I’ve never been a fan of steak sauce, so I would swap out for hot sauce and holy cow was it goooooood! Now that I can’t order my favorite lunch anymore, I’ve started making it at home.
LOVE THIS RECIPE? PIN IT FOR LATER!
Follow Bread Booze Bacon on Pinterest
This Buffalo Blue Cheese Burger is just as good as the one I used to order. Toasted buns smeared with mayo, fresh crispy lettuce, a juicy patty with lots of pink in the middle, tangy blue cheese, sweet caramelized onions, and some hot sauce to bring it all together. This burger recipe is the best! I love sweet potato fries with this burger personally, crispy shoestring fries, or even onion rings would be great alongside this bad boy. If you’re a burger lover like me, you are not going to miss what’s next.
My blue cheese burger is part of Burger Month! All throughout May bloggers and cooks have been sharing their burger creations as part of GirlCornivore’s annual event. But that’s not all. Are you ready to win some amazing burger goodies? Scroll down to the bottom of this post to enter. A huge thanks to the #BurgerMonth sponsors – American Lamb Board, Anolon, Cabot Cheese, Crow Canyon Home, Melissa’s Produce, Microplane, New York Beef Council, Red Duck, Spiceologist, Veal Made Easy, and Weber Grills.
You can find all of this year’s burger awesomeness and great burger recipes from previous Burger Month events on burgermonth.com.
Hungry for More?
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 yellow onion, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 burger buns
- 2 tablespoon unsalted butter, optional
- 1/4 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 2 tablespoons Frank's hot sauce, (or your favorite hot sauce)
- 2 tablespoons mayo
- 2 lettuce leaves, torn into bun-sized pieces
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add 2 tablespoons butter. Once butter is melted, add sliced onions. Cook, stirring occasionally for 15 to 20 minutes until the onions are softened and turning a golden brown color. (You don't want to sear the onions, but cook them slowly.)
- While the onions cook, Heat your grill or a grill pan over medium-heat heat.
- To a medium mixing bowl add ground beef, salt, pepper, onion powder, and paprika. Use your hands to mix the beef and spices until evenly combined. Divide the beef in half and form each portion into a patty.
- Cook burger patties for 4 to 5 minutes per side, turning once, until medium in the center. (Or cook to your preferred doneness.) Remove burgers from heat and top each burger with half of the blue cheese.
- While the onions finish cooking, spread 1/2 tablespoon butter on each cut side of the burger buns. Place on a baking sheet, buttered side up, and broil on HIGH for 1-3 minutes or until golden and toasted. Removed from the oven. (You could also toast your buns on the grill, or leave them untoasted.)
- Place half the lettuce on the cut side of the bottom burger bun. Place a patty on the lettuce. Top the blue cheese with half of the caramelized onions. Drizzle 1 tablespoon of hot sauce over the onions. Coat the cut side of the top bun with half the mayo and place on top of the burger. Serve immediately.