Carrot Cake Pancakes are a crazy good breakfast that tastes like dessert! These spiced pancakes topped with a cream cheese spread are the best!
My husband has this thing with homemade carrot cake. It’s probably his favorite dessert ever, right next to Samoas cookies. While he’s generally a traditionalist about his carrot cake, I’ve whipped up a few recipes with the same flavors and he’s gotten on board every time. These carrot cake pancakes are a fun way to bring dessert flavors to breakfast, and the kids love them too.
LOVE THIS RECIPE? PIN IT FOR LATER!
Follow Bread Booze Bacon on Pinterest
These pancakes are super easy to make. I buy the bags of pre-shredded carrots from the store, but you can grate and squeeze dry whole carrots instead if you prefer. Sometimes convenience products are nice though. If you love nuts, put them in the batter too, but if you only want a little crunch and pecan flavor you can just sprinkle them on top. I’ve also made these pancakes with a few different cream cheese spreads. One has maple syrup for a more traditional pancakes flavor. The other is a sweet, super cream cheese-y spread that’s more reminiscent of carrot cake. Either way, you can’t go wrong. These pancakes are perfect for Easter morning!
This month for feast & devour we’re cooking with carrots! From sweet to savory there are recipes for every-bunny. Ha! See what I did there. #nerd You can grab the full, printable recipes by clicking the links below.
- Homemade Carrot Cake from Bread Booze Bacon
- Carrot Cake Pancakes from Bread Booze Bacon
- Blue Ribbon Carrot Sheet Cake from I Heart Eating
- Paleo Maple Carrot Cupcakes from Cooking with Curls
- Carrot Orzo from Home.Made.Interest.
- Carrot Orange Punch from Sugar & Soul
- Carrot Cake Sandwich Cookies from Celebrating Sweets
- Maple Butter Carrots from The Two Bite Club
- Mini Carrot Cake Loaves from It Bakes Me Happy
Hungry for More?
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups pre-shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
Cream Cheese Spread:
- 4 ounces whipped cream cheese
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Chopped pecan, if desired
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, and salt.
- In another medium mixing bowl, whisk together the milk eggs, melted butter, and vanilla.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk until smooth.
- Add the carrots and chopped pecans to the pancake batter and stir to combine.
- Heat a large skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Portion 1/4 cup of the batter into the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes per side, or until golden brown and cooked through. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Cream Cheese Spread:
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat together the cream cheese, butter, vanilla, powdered sugar, and milk until smooth.
- Spread a little of the cream cheese mixture over each pancake as you stack them up.
- Sprinkle the top of each pancake stack with a few more chopped pecans. Serve immediately.