This easy Caramel Macchiato Trifle turns your favorite coffee drink into a crave-able dessert! It’s the perfect marriage between coffee and something sweet!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of International Delight. The opinions and text are all mine.
LOVE THIS RECIPE? PIN IT FOR LATER!
Follow Bread Booze Bacon on Pinterest
During the summer I love make-and-take desserts. Whether it’s yummy cookies or desserts in jars, I love to take our desserts to the park or to a friend’s house for a BBQ. One of my favorite desserts in jars is a trifle. Layers of cake and frosting or whipped cream is the best bite after a delicious lunch or dinner. If you love a cup of coffee with your dessert, you can in luck friend!
Here in Arizona, people look at you sideways for ordering coffee in the summer. I worked in restaurants for years and I’ve been guilty of it myself. All I can think is, “Really, it’s crazy hot and you want something hot?” But coffee drinkers don’t care. I’m definitely an iced coffee girl. I love a cool drink with a straw I can sip on while I hang out with my family at the park. Don’t get me wrong, A warm cup of coffee in the winter snuggled on the couch in the winter is fantastic, but in the summer it’s all about keeping things cool and on the go.
My favorite coffee drink is a caramel macchiato. I always buy my drink from the coffee shop hot and then pour it over ice. When I buy the iced caramel macchiato the caramel just sinks to the bottom and it’s a hot mess. But now that I have International Delight Iced Coffee Caramel Macchiato I can just open the carton and pour my coffee. No weird caramel situation, and all the flavors I love ready to go.
This caramel macchiato trifle is the perfect marriage of coffee dessert. Dense caramel macchiato cake is paired with homemade whipped cream and drizzled with caramel sauce to create the whole coffee house experience in a jar. I really like the dense, pound cake texture of this cake, but if you like your cake light and fluffy you can add some baking powder to the recipe. Easy Peasy and oh so good!
Since my first sip of International Delights Iced Coffee, I’ve been hooked. I like the caramel macchiato so much I can’t wait to try the mocha and vanilla flavors too. You can get more inspiration from the ID Newsletter, Facebook Page, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram – SO gorgeous! You’ll find everything from recipes that incorporate your favorite iced coffee flavors, drink mix ins to take your coffee over the top, and a whole lot of pretty pictures to make you drool. Which we love.
Caramel Macchiato Trifle
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a 9-inch by 9-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray; set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing after each addition. Pour in the International Delights Iced Coffee Caramel Macchiato and vanilla and mix until combined and smooth. Scrape the sides of the mixing bowl as needed.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix together until just combined.
- Pour the cake batter into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until the edges of the cake pull away from the dish and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Carefully remove the cake from the oven to a wire cooling rack. Let cool while you prepare the sauce.
- In a medium mixing bowl whisk together the sweetened condensed milk, caramel sauce, and International Delights Iced Coffee Caramel Macchiato until combined.
- Use the handle of a wooden spoon to poke holes all over the cake. Pour the sauce evenly over the top of the cake and allow it to soak in until the cake is cooled to room temperature.
- Cut the cooled cake into small pieces. Place a layer of cake in each jar cake. Add 1/3 cup whipped cream over the cake in each jar. Top the whipped cream with another layer of cake. Spoon a little more whipped cream over the cake.
- Use a spoon to drizzle caramel sauce over the top of each trifle. If desired, add a couple chocolate covered espresso beans in the center.
- Cover and store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.