This Blackberry Mint Bellini is a creeper cocktail cleverly disguised as a posh brunch drink! The fresh combination of blackberries and mint with the champagne will leave your guests wanting more!
The other day at the store blackberries with $0.98 for a pack (6 ounces) and I couldn’t resist getting some. I’ve been wanting to make an awesome cocktail with blackberries for months and hadn’t gotten off my butt to do it. It’s like the cocktail gods were saying, “Go. Mix. Drink.” So I did.
LOVE THIS RECIPE? PIN IT FOR LATER!
Follow Bread Booze Bacon on Pinterest
I didn’t want to just do a straight up blackberry flavor. I wanted something to balance it and give the berries some more depth. We had some mint in the fridge and it was on! I pureed the mint and blackberries up with a little sugar, put it through a sieve, and made bellinis!
These little babies are addicting. Creeper cocktails cleverly disguised as a posh brunch drink that anyone will feel a little extra fancy drinking. But don’t wait until brunch, even though these bellinis are a great way to start the day, serve them with appetizers at a cocktail party or for New Year’s eve. It’s never a bad time for a bellini.
Didn’t use up all the puree? Don’t fret! Turn it into a Blackberry Mint Fool!
- 6 ounces fresh blackberries, or frozen & thawed berries is you're in a bind
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1500 mL bottles good quality brut champagne, (equivalent to two 750 mL bottles-you can also use prosecco)
- Fresh mint sprigs, for garnish
Blackberry Mint Puree:
- To a food processor, add the blackberries, mint leaves, and sugar. Cover and puree until smooth and combined.
- Let the puree sit for 2 minutes so the flavors can marry together.
- Press the puree through a fine-mesh sieve to remove the seeds and the majority of the fruit pulp. (You can store the puree in an airtight container in the fridge for 1-2 days if needed.)
- Pour 1/2 ounce of the blackberry mint puree into a champagne flute.
- Fill the glass with champagne or prosecco. (You'll want to pour a little, let the bubble die down, and then pour some more until the glass is full.)
- Garnish with a sprig of mint, if desired, and serve immediately.