I love easy summer appetizers! This Watermelon & Avocado Bruschetta is light & refreshing for a flavor combination that’s a delightful surprise!
Now, I know you may be having this moment of “Did she just say avocado and watermelon…like together?!” but stay with me. This bruschetta is delicious! The flavors are so light and the lime juice brings everything together for an appetizer that just screams summer!
I first started making this bruschetta a couple years ago. I’ve always liked watermelon & feta salad, you know with red onion and mint, but I wanted to change things up a bit. Since I have the biggest crush on avocados I added into the watermelon salad idea and voila! The creamy avocados are met with a burst of watermelon juice and lime with just a touch of tang from the feta all on buttered toasted bread for a bite that’s pretty darn fantastic! Make them for your next party and watch them disappear!
- ⅓ cup seedless watermelon, finely diced
- 1 ripe avocado
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ½ teaspoon lime juice
- 1 baguette loaf, thin sliced, brushed with butter and toasted
- To a medium mixing bowl add the watermelon, avocado, feta, and lime juice. Gently stir everything together until well combined.
- Lay out your toasts on a serving platter. Spoon a couple tablespoons of the watermelon mixture on top of each toast. (You can use as much or as little of the topping as you like, but the amount you use will cause the total number of bruschetta this recipe makes to vary.)