Tiger Lily Truffles are so colorful and fun, you’ll never want to grow up!
Are you guys all as stoked for the release of Pan today as we are? My boys have been talking about this movie for weeks. I’m really excited to see the full re-imagining of this story. I mean seriously, what kid didn’t want to have a bag of pixie dust after seeing Peter Pan for the first time?
I wanted to do something SUPER fun to get my inner kid jumping up and down. You see that picture of Tiger Lily up there with the giant head dress covered in pom-poms? I’m kind of obsessed with it. I knew those brightly colored circles were it for me.
These treats have 3 things every kids loves.
- Oreo truffles. SO good!
- Bright colors
- An element of surprise
Just making truffles in fun colors wasn’t enough. I wanted to make these babies über fun to eat. Each truffle is filled with a different color!! I matched up the colors into pairs, and then dipped the filling into the opposite color chocolate. My kids couldn’t get enough of the color combinations.
These truffles may take a little extra work, but the pay off is oh so worth it!
So what’s with the movie stuff? It’s a new series you’re going to be seeing once a month around here, Blockbuster Bloggers! Each month a bunch of us are bringing you some fun projects, eats, and drinks based around an upcoming movie release. We’ll be sharing all our recipes & tutorials with you the day the movie comes out so you can get you movie nerd on with us! Fun, right?!
Get ready to head back to Neverland with our Pan inspired posts!
Pirate Munch Party Mix from Around My Family Table
Tiger Lily Truffles from Bread Booze Bacon
Pixie Bread from Home Made Interest
Neverland Pirates Treasure Popcorn Mix from The Love Nerds
Pan Quote Printables from Reasons to Skip the Housework
Pan Necklace Craft from Celebrating Family
Flying in the Clouds Pirate Punch from Lady Behind the Curtain
Anything is Possible Free Printable from Liz on Call
Talk Like a Pirate Treasure Hunt from A Whimsicle Life
Mermaid’s Milk from Popsiculture
Need the right equipment?
- 1 (15.5 ounce) package Golden Oreo cookies
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 (11 ounce) packages white chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil (plus more as needed)
- Bright green, red, purple, orange, pink, and teal gel food coloring
- Place the Oreos in a food processor. Pulse until cookies become a fine crumb.
- Add the cream cheese to the Oreos, and run the food processor until a dough like mixture forms.
- Divide the truffle filling into 6 equal-ish portions and place in 6 different bowls.
- Add a few drops of gel food color to each bowl, one color per bowl. Use a spoon to mix the color into the dough until the color is evenly distributed. Add more food coloring as needed until you reach your desired color. Repeat with the remaining truffle filling.
- Use a small cookie scoop (or a tablespoon measuring spoon) portion the colored filling, and the use your hands to roll the filling into balls. Place the truffles on a Sil-Pat (or parchment) lined baking sheet. Refrigerate for 30 minutes, or until the truffles are firm.
- Place the white chocolate and oil in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave the chocolate for 30 seconds. Remove from the microwave and stir. Return to the microwave and heat for another 30 seconds. Remove and stir again. Repeat as needed until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Divide the chocolate evenly among 6 bowls. Add a few drops of food coloring to each bowl, one color per bowl, and use a spoon to stir in the color until it is evenly distributed. Add more food coloring as needed until you reach your desired color.
- Pair up your colors (I did purple & red, teal & orange, and pink & green). Choose on truffle color and dip in in the opposite chocolate color (ex. pink truffle in green chocolate and green truffle in pink chocolate), use a spoon the make sure the truffle is completely coated. Use a fork to lift the truffle out of the chocolate, and then tap the handle of the fork on the side of the bowl to remove any excess chocolate and smooth out the chocolate shell. Place the truffle back on the baking sheet.
- Repeat with the remaining truffles and chocolate. Refrigerate truffles for 30 minutes, or until the shells are set.
- Keep refrigerated in an air tight container or until ready to serve.