Bacon, Beef & Bean Casserole is a hearty casserole that’s great over potatoes or served up on hamburger buns! It makes a wonderful main dish for any occasion!
Mike loves “hash” dinners. His favorite meals are ones where every flavor of the dish is in one bite. Be it casseroles, a true hash, or something like today’s dish. One bite of happiness is all that man needs! If you don’t know what hash is…
Hash is a dish consisting of diced or chopped meat, potatoes, and spices that are mixed together and then cooked either alone or with other ingredients such as onions.
LOVE THIS RECIPE? PIN IT FOR LATER!
Follow Bread Booze Bacon on Pinterest
Thanks wikipedia! This casserole is half a hash, but serve it over some fluffy mashed potatoes and you’re in business! I originally saw this bacon topped plate of meaty happiness from The Dean Brothers. Then as I started cooking I found out I had no baked beans and the tomato I had bought went bad. Pork and beans and canned diced tomatoes to the rescue! That’s one of the best things about cooking. Improvisation can lead to so yummy changes you never expected. Grab what’s in your pantry and fridge, start combining flavors, and make some magic kids!
This month for 12 Bloggers we’re all about casseroles – breakfast, dinner, and everything in between. Each of the recipes below has 12 ingredients are less and they’re all super delicious. I have my eye on a couple to make STAT. Tune in next month when we’ll all be making brunch recipes. I’m going to be whipping up cocktails for a crowd with an N/A version you don’t want to miss!
- Chicken and Broccoli Casserole by Big Bear’s Wife
- Cheesy Sausage and Roasted Vegetable Casserole by Betsy Life
- Mexican Lasagna by Home Cooking Memories
- Lemon Orzo Shrimp Bake by Cooking on the Front Burners
- King Ranch Casserole by Love Bakes Good Cakes
- Sweet Potato Enchilada Casserole by A Million Moments
- Bacon, Beef & Bean Casserole by Bread Booze Bacon
- Green Chicken Enchilada Casserole by A Night Owl
- Chili Bean Casserole by Pink Cake Plate
- Mom’s Enchilada Casserole by I Love My Disorganized Life
- Breakfast Casserole (Egg & Veggies) by See Vanessa Craft
- Slow Cooker French Toast Casserole by Around My Family Table
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 2-quart casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Place 8 bacon slice halves in the skillet and cook until crispy, turning once, about 7 minutes. Remove to a paper towel lined plate to drain. Once cool, crumble the bacon.
- Reserve 1 tablespoon bacon fat, and discard the rest. Add onion to the hot bacon fat in the skillet, and cook for 5 minutes, or until onions become soft and translucent. Add ground beef to onions, break apart ground beef and cook until beef is no longer pink, about 8 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine pork and beans, tomatoes, brown sugar, mustard, salt, and pepper. Add crumbled bacon and beef mixture to the large bowl. Stir to combine.
- Pour bacon, beef, and bean mixture into the prepared casserole dish. Lay remaining 4 bacon strip halves on top of the beef mixture.
- Cover the dish with tin foil, and bake for 45 minutes. After baking has finished, carefully remove foil, and set oven to broil. Cook until bacon on top is crispy, about 3 to 5 mins.
- Serve hot over mashed potatoes or spoon onto burger buns and top with a slice of cheese.