This post first appeared on Real Housemoms where I am a contributor.
Apple Raisin Breakfast Casserole is full of delicious morning flavors that’ll have everyone asking for seconds! This casserole combines the sweet flavors of apples and raisins with pops of crisp salty bacon for the best bite of breakfast!
Casseroles are one of my favorite types of recipes ever. Whether it’s easy breakfast casserole ideas, side dishes, or dinners…they’re a life saver. This Apple Raisin Breakfast Casserole combines the sweet flavors of apples and raisins with pops of crisp salty bacon for the best bite of breakfast!
LOVE THIS RECIPE? PIN IT FOR LATER!
Follow Bread Booze Bacon on Pinterest
I started this recipe off with my Cinnamon Raisin Bread Recipe. You could totally use store-bought cinnamon raisin bread too, I don’t judge. If you prefer a plain French bread as the base for this recipe, be sure to add the raisins and about 2 tablespoons of sugar to give the egg mixture the sweetness you’d normally get from the cinnamon raisin bread. Since I’m one of those bacon freaks, I added some bacon too. You don’t have to do this, but OMG it is delicious. The whole sweet and salty thing gets me every time.
Cinnamon Raisin Bread Breakfast Casserole
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9-inch x 13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add bacon to the hot skillet and cook until crispy, about 7 to 10 minutes. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the eggs and milk.
- Slice the bread into 1/2-inch cubes and place in the mixing bowl.
- Core the apples and cut into bite-sized pieces. Add to the mixing bowl along with 3/4 of the bacon and raisins.
- Mix everything together with a spoon, making sure all of the bread is coated in the egg mixture.
- Pour into your prepared baking dish and spread out to fill the pan. Sprinkle the remaining bacon and raisins on top.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until the casserole is set and golden brown on top. (If the casserole beings to brown too much, loosely cover with foil.)
- Carefully remove from the oven and let stand for 5 minutes before cutting into 8 slices and serving warm.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.