This Bell Pepper & Bacon Cheese Ball is an easy-to-make appetizer that’s bursting with flavor!
Cheese balls are one of those fun party appetizers everyone loves. They’re easy to whip up, you can make them ahead of time, and even the leftovers (if there are any) are great! The best part if that you can make them in about a million flavors to fit any occasion! I mean seriously, just look at this Onion, Cranberry & Pecan Cheese Ball, S’mores Cheese Ball, Roasted Red Pepper and Garlic Cheese Ball, or Cake Batter Cheese Ball and tell me that’s not snacking happiness at its finest.
Did you catch me making this on SnapChat? Follow me @breadboozebacon
Today I decided to go with something fun, colorful and fresh…that’s studded with bacon. All the self-respecting bacon freaks eat their cheese balls with bacon. 😉 Normally I would cover the outside of my cheese ball with nuts, parsley, green onion, or something else decorative (see: pretty) that goes with the cheese add-ins, but the bell pepper colors were just so awesome that I wanted them on the outside too! But you do you. Pecans, dried parsley, and bacon for the coating would be just fine too. Ooooo! Or make this cheese ball a little extra festive around the holidays by using only red and green peppers for the coating. Super cute and easy.
Click HERE to see all the Bacon Month recipes we made this month!
Today’s Bacon Month Recipes
Spicy Bacon Whiskey Soda | Bacon & Egg Stuffed Baked Potatoes | Bacon Chocolate Chunk Blondies With Salted Chocolate Caramel | Bell Pepper & Bacon Cheese Ball | Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Grilled Tomatoes | Jalapeno Popper Mac & Cheese | Chocolate Caramel Bacon Milkshake | Bacon Waffle S’mores | Skillet Breakfast Potatoes & Bacon | Bacon Fried Apples | Bacon Potato Salad | Maple Bacon Cheesecake
- ½ pound thick cut bacon
- 16 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 cups shredded cheddar or Colby Jack cheese
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups bell peppers, seeded and finely diced (use whichever color peppers you like)
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook the bacon until crispy, turning once, about 8 minutes. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the cream cheese, shredded cheese, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, and pepper until evenly combined. You don't want a blog os just cream cheese of shredded cheese in your cheese ball.
- Add ¾ cup of the diced bell pepper and ½ of the bacon to the cheese mixture. Stir until evenly combined.
- Place the remaining bell pepper and bacon onto a dinner plate and mix together. Spread the pepper and bacon evenly over the plate.
- Use your hand to form the cheese mixture into a ball. Place the ball on the peppers and bacon. Roll the ball around and use your hands to press the peppers and bacon into the outside of the ball until it is coated.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve, or serve immediately with crackers.