Grab your jigger and pour yourself a Cape Cod drink. This classic cocktail is tart, refreshing, and perfect for sipping!
Why We Love a Cape Cod
- You can call it a Cape Cod or a Cape Codder. Either way, the refreshing combination of vodka, cranberry, and lime is oh so tasty!
- This is a great basic cocktail every home bartender should know. It’s only 3 ingredients and everyone loves it.
- I used to drink vodka cranberries all the time in my 20s and I still love to have one, but with lime now… because I’m fancy. Just kidding. I’m not fancy. However, the lime really gives your basic vodka cranberry a boost that’s really really yummy.
What’s in a Cape Cod drink?
CRANBERRY JUICE: You’ll need 100% cranberry juice for this drink. You don’t want cranberry juice coktail. That stuff is sweetened and changes up the whole drink.
VODKA: Pick a good-quality vodka on the middle shelf (if you keeping to a budget) or on the top shelves if you want a smoother cocktail. Leave the plastic bottles alone.
LIMES: Limes give this cocktail it’s signature taste, so pick some good ones.
How do you make a Cape Cod drink?Jump to Recipe
STEP 1 Fill a highball glass or other tall bar glass with ice. Pour in the vodka and then fill the glass with cranberry juice before giving everything a stir.
STEP 2 Garnish the glass with a lime wedge. Squeeze the lime into the cocktail and enjoy.
Tips & Tricks
- The secret to this cocktail is adding as much lime you as you like. Start with one lime wedge and if you like your cocktail to be more tart, squeeze another lime until it’s where you like it.
- If you don’t have fresh limes on hand, you can totally get away with adding lime juice instead. Start with a little bit (like a 1 teaspoon) and add more to taste.
Cape Cod Drink Recipe FAQ
Why is vodka cranberry called Cape Cod?
It’s not. A vodka cranberry is it’s own cocktail. If you order it at the bar, you will get vodka and cranberry juice over ice. That’s it.
A Cape Cod is a different drink. Yes, they’re both techincally a vodka cranberry, but little variations like adding a lime define different cocktails and what you can expect from the bartender when you order. (Case in point – a rum and coke vs a Cubra Libra.)
But you can totally order a vodka cranberry with limes. It’s not a big deal, but is you order a Cape Cod makes you’ll look a little more cocktail saavy to your local bartender.
What’s the difference between a Sea Breeze and a Cape Cod?
A Sea Breeze is a Cape Cod with some grapefruit juice add in (and a little less cranberry juice). Again, little variations defining various cocktails.
Other Recipes You May like
- Add 5 recipes that are similar in some way
- They’re in the same category (ex. other main dish recipes)
- They have the same or similar ingredients. (ex. other pasta dish or chicken dinner)
- They are made using the same device. (ex. air fryer, crock pot, insta pot)
- They have low number of ingredients or cooking time. (ex. 5 ingredients or less, or Ready in 30 minutes or less)
Cape Cod Drink
- 2 ounces vodka
- 8 ounces cranberry juice
- 1 lime wedge with a slit cut in the middle
- Fill a highball glass with ice
- Pour in the vodka and then add enough cranberry juice to fill the glass. Stir to combine.
- Garnish with a lime wedge. Squeeze the lime into the cocktail before enjoying.
- To get the right size lime wedges, cut the lime in half and then cut each half into 3 wedges.
- You can add as much lime to your cocktail as desired.
- If you don’t have fresh limes on hand, you can use lime juice instead. Start with 1 teaspoon and add more juice as desired.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.