Ready to try the best of the best? These recipes are the Top Nine for 2018 and I know you’re going to fall in love with each one of them!
With 2018 coming to a close I love looking back at the year and seeing how far this little website has come. Okay, “little” might now be the right word, but it’s my baby and I’ll always think of it that way. Okay, focus lady. Every year you see Instagram accounts posting their Top Nine photos of the year. Well, I’m taking things a set further. Get ready for a new annual tradition. I’m not only sharing my Instagram Top Nine, but also the Top Nine posts here on Bread Booze Bacon (AKA the fan favorites).
You can get the full printable recipe for any of these dishes by clicking the title of the recipe.
Instagram Top Nine 2018
- Unicorn Ice Cream – This ice cream is so stinkin’ fun! I love the bright pastel colors and sprinkles. It screams unicorn to me and even my boys love it on ice cream cones. It’s vanilla ice cream, but you could add in some peppermint extract if mint is your thing or even substitute whipped coconut cream for the whipped cream for a tropical taste!
- Chicken Cajun Pasta Recipe – My family needs to eat more veggies. I’ll admit it and this pasta recipe is one of my favorite ways to make that happen. I season the crap out of some chicken breasts, sautee onions and bell peppers, and then put it all together with a creamy, dreamy sauce that’ll make you weak in the knees. It’s a crazy easy dinner that’s packed with flavor!
- Jack Daniel’s Bacon Mac and Cheese – What can I say about this mac and cheese. It’s everything. Literally. Whiskey & brown sugar candied bacon is chopped and added to macaroni pasta smothered in a creamy Jack Daniel’s cheese sauce. I can’t get enough of the comfort food vibe with pops of sweet & salty bacon. Make it. Love it. Tell your friends.
- Cuervo & Tecate Slow Cooker Carnitas – Your house is going to smell AMAZING!!! This carnitas recipe is actually from my kickass friend Kristy from She Eats. Kristy wrote a cookbook last year called Cooking with Cocktails, and let me tell you…you need this cookbook in your kitchen. I was a recipe tester for the book and I fell in love with everything I tried. Rose Wedge Salad. Just sayin’. But these carnitas! A pig pork butt is slow cooked with chipotle, fresh citrus, tequila, and beer until is crazy tender and ready to stuff into taco shells. This recipe makes and lot and you’ll be happy it does!
- Elvis Waffles – Talk about indulgent! Peanut butter waffles get stacked up and loaded with banana slices, peanut butter glaze and lots of crispy bacon! I think The King would be proud. This recipe also fuels my quest to find more creative ways to enjoy bacon.
- Grilled Blueberry Dessert Pizza Recipe – I know you’re thinking pizza isn’t for dessert, but it is now my friends! I take a basic pizza dough, grill it until it’s cooked (it cooks SUPER fast, you’ll love grilling the dough), and then top the crust with sweetened cream cheese (kind of like a fruit dip), warm blueberry compote (that’s right I grilled the berries alongside the crust in some foil), and then a little lemon zest to brighten things up. This pizza is crazy pretty and perfect for summer cookouts!
- Pina Colada Rum Punch – Get your Hawaiian vacation vibes on no matter where you are or what time of year it is! This easy to make punch is dangerously easy to drink and perfect for parties since you can make a big batch in a pitcher. Better yet, freeze it into popsicles for the adults!
- Scottish Shortbread Cookies – Is it possible to get addicted to a cookie? Yep! After spending a few years at highland games I feel like I’ve got a pulse on good shortbread. Sure Walker’s is handy and prepackaged, but good homemade shortbread doesn’t take a lot of work and it’s ridiculously delicious. This recipe is from my friend Christine and I may never make another shortbread recipe again. It’s that yummy!
- Chicken Parmesan Roll Ups – Let me just warn you to make a double batch. These pinwheels fly off the plate, and they can be made ahead of time which is my favorite for parties. The more prep I can do the happier I am. These roll ups are the perfect finger food recipe. Pretty much everyone loves Italian food and they’re pretty with spinach tortillas to contrast the red-ish filling. I dare you to eat just one.
Bread Booze Bacon Top Nine 2018 – Fan Favorites!
- Easy Shrimp Alfredo – Who knew a throwback to my all-time most requested childhood dish would rock this list? This alfredo recipe is ready in 15-minute if you rock 3 pans like I do (some nights I just don’t care about the dishes count) or about 30 minutes if you first cook the shrimp and then use the skillet for your sauce (just be sure to warm the shrimp in the sauce before plating). Bonus, if you make your Alfredo Sauce ahead of time and reheat it you can make this a 10-minute dinner. BOOM!
- Vodka Jello Shots – The perfect party starter! 4 ingredients, 3 hours, and oh the flavor possibilities! Use your favorite flavors of jello to coordinate your team colors or holiday season, or use flavored vodka to make a killer cocktail combo!
- Instant Pot Old-Fashioned Pot Roast – This was the first Instant Pot recipe I ever made and thank goodness for my friends Barbara because I was nervous. Barbara has two killer blogs, Barbara Bakes & Pressure Cooking Today, along with the cookbook this recipe is from – The Electric Pressure Cooker Cookbook. I buy this cookbook for anyone I know that has an Instant Pot or is getting one. No joke. There are SO many amazing recipes! But this pot roast is hands down, without a doubt the best pot roast I’ve ever had in my entire life. It’s moist, falls apart, includes potatoes and carrots, and the gravy is crazy delicious. If it wasn’t frowned upon I would just dip my roll in the extra gravy, but people don’t like crumbs in the gravy boat. Do yourself a favor and make this pot roast for Sunday supper. You can thank Barbara and me later.
- 50 of the Best Party Appetizers – Appetizers are my favorite food thing, next to pizza and chocolate. I love having little bites of food and getting to try all the things. I’m notorious for needing to try a bite or two of whatever my husband Mike orders for dinner. These recipes are some of my favorites and there’s a dish for every occasion. Mix and match and have the best buffet on the block!
- Fresh Vegetable Salad – My mom’s favorite easy side dish. I can’t begin to count how many we’ve made this recipe between the two of us. it’s always around during the spring and summer months and it perfect for potlucks and backyard BBQs!
- Christmas Crinkle Cool Whip Cookies – You can’t have Christmas without cookies! Okay, you can, but why would you want to? These cookies start with cake mix, get a little festive coloring, and have only 6 ingredients. They’re really fun for cookie exchanges or having a baking day with the kids. You can even change out the food coloring for spring, 4th of July, and Halloween!
- Hurricane Party Punch Recipe – What’s better than a tropical cocktail? A tropical cocktail you can also serve as a mocktail! My homegirl Liz from Liz on Call is the brain behind this yummy yummy punch. Make a big batch in a drink dispenser for everyone to enjoy and let the adults add booze to their cups OR whip up a pitcher for a cocktail night! You won’t regret it!
- Ham & Turkey Club Sliders – I don’t like to share these sliders. Seriously. I make them and then I can’t stop eating ’em. I’ll grab one here and there throughout the football game and then before I know it the plate is empty. No, I didn’t eat them all, but I’m not the only one who can’t my hands off these sliders! Ham, turkey, and lots of provolone cheese is loaded on Hawaiian rolls with a Dijon sauce and the rolls are brushed with garlic butter. Are you drooling yet? You should be!
- Black Magic Jello Shots – Halloween is my favorite and these shots make you think you all love it as much as I do! These are a basic vodka jello shot made fancy with layers or berry blue & grape jello and black sugar. They’re magical to look at and super tasty to throw back at a Halloween party. Just be sure to sprinkle your sugar at the last minute. It likes to get melty, but I like the effect.
So there you have it! I’m super excited about each of these Top Nine. If you want to see all the deliciousness I’m sharing over on Instagram you can follow me @BreadBoozeBacon and if you want my latest recipe hand-delivered to your inbox, subscribe to the Bread Booze Bacon newsletter. This site wouldn’t be what it is without all of you. Thank you. To each and every one of you amazing readers, thank you! And Happy New Year!!