Posted by https://breadboozebacon.com/tiger-lily-truffles/
© 2015 Bread Booze Bacon. All rights reserved.
1 hour 30 mins
Tiger Lily Truffles are so colorful and fun, you'll never want to grow up!
- 1 (15.5 ounce) package Golden Oreo cookies
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 (11 ounce) packages white chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil (plus more as needed)
- Bright green, red, purple, orange, pink, and teal gel food coloring
- Place the Oreos in a food processor. Pulse until cookies become a fine crumb.
- Add the cream cheese to the Oreos, and run the food processor until a dough like mixture forms.
- Divide the truffle filling into 6 equal-ish portions and place in 6 different bowls.
- Add a few drops of gel food color to each bowl, one color per bowl. Use a spoon to mix the color into the dough until the color is evenly distributed. Add more food coloring as needed until you reach your desired color. Repeat with the remaining truffle filling.
- Use a small cookie scoop (or a tablespoon measuring spoon) portion the colored filling, and the use your hands to roll the filling into balls. Place the truffles on a Sil-Pat (or parchment) lined baking sheet. Refrigerate for 30 minutes, or until the truffles are firm.
- Place the white chocolate and oil in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave the chocolate for 30 seconds. Remove from the microwave and stir. Return to the microwave and heat for another 30 seconds. Remove and stir again. Repeat as needed until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Divide the chocolate evenly among 6 bowls. Add a few drops of food coloring to each bowl, one color per bowl, and use a spoon to stir in the color until it is evenly distributed. Add more food coloring as needed until you reach your desired color.
- Pair up your colors (I did purple & red, teal & orange, and pink & green). Choose on truffle color and dip in in the opposite chocolate color (ex. pink truffle in green chocolate and green truffle in pink chocolate), use a spoon the make sure the truffle is completely coated. Use a fork to lift the truffle out of the chocolate, and then tap the handle of the fork on the side of the bowl to remove any excess chocolate and smooth out the chocolate shell. Place the truffle back on the baking sheet.
- Repeat with the remaining truffles and chocolate. Refrigerate truffles for 30 minutes, or until the shells are set.
- Keep refrigerated in an air tight container or until ready to serve.
If you don't have a food processor, place the Oreos in a gallon ziploc bag, and smash them into a fine crumb.Transfer the crumbs to a mixing bowl. Add the cream cheese and use a spoon to incorporate the Oreo crumbs and cream cheese together until well combined.
Loading nutrition data...